Chesterfield County Volunteers are the heart of the community. They are an integral part of the staff and share their time and talents to enrich the lives of the Chesterfield residents and community.
- Share your talents.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Acquire new skills.
- Stay connected to the community.
- Feel a sense of pride and gratitude.
- Have fun!
- Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older unless otherwise specified.
- Reference checks are strongly suggested and should be conducted by the supervisor with a minimum of two professional/personal references.
- Federal criminal background checks are conducted on all volunteers who will be providing services to juveniles.
Responsibilities of a Volunteer
- Be committed to your volunteer assignment.
- Only accept responsibilities that you can reasonably handle.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Follow all County and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Meet time commitments or provide adequate notice so other arrangements can be made.
- Assist in tracking your volunteer hours.
What a Volunteer Should Expect
- To know who your supervisor is and be given clear direction
- To be treated in a respectful manner at all times
- To be informed of policies and procedures and changes as appropriate
- To receive orientation and training for your position
- To feel your efforts contribute to the organization’s objectives
- To feel appreciated for your contributions
Chesterfield County has current volunteer opportunities for:
4-H Volunteer Mentor, Administrative Coordinator-Youth Planning, Adapt-A-Spot Volunteer, Adult Library Volunteer, Bilingual Library Volunteer, Customer Greeter, Customer Service Representative, Entertainer-Parks and Recreation, Garden Volunteer-General Services Building, Group Volunteer Opportunity, Instructors/Lecturers, Local History Library Volunteer, Non-Operational Fire & EMS Volunteer, Reduced Cost Medication Coordinator, Rockwood Nature Center Animal Care Team, Rockwood Nature Center Greeter, Teen Library Volunteer, and Water Quality Monitor.
If you are ready to be a "heart of the community volunteer," click here for the volunteer application.
Did you find this article informative? Receive email alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above.