Here is a super easy breakfast recipe for cherry danish. These are perfect to make over the weekend for your family.
- 1 Stick of margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 Cup of flour
- 4-6 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. of milk or water (more if icing is too thick)
- Line a cookie sheet with no-stick foil.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Form into a ball.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of floured wax paper into a circle.
- Sprinkle dough with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part into a roll.
- Twist each roll into a swirl and press together with fingers. Then, create a small dip into the top of each roll to hold the fruit.
- Add cherry pie filling onto each roll.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Top with icing.
To purchase ingredients in Raleigh, NC shop: Harris Teeter