Passengers booked on the July 13, 2013 Crystal Symphony cruise from Rome to Istanbul are in for a really big gastronomic treat. One of the world’s greatest culinary artists, Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, will be bringing his culinary tools of the trade on board to teach, mingle, dine, and cook for Crystal guests. The famed sushi maestro, and mastermind behind the line’s exclusive Silk Road and The Sushi Bar restaurants, will be aboard the 12-day voyage accompanied by Fumio Hazu, the Sake Master behind Nobu’s exclusive, 140--year-old sake brand, the two will showcase their expertise during several ultra-intimate gourmet experiences, including:
- Two Omakase, or Chef’s Choice, dinners in Silk Road, limited to only 70 guests and featuring some of Nobu’s finest dishes and connoisseur items, such as white sturgeon caviar and Hokusetsu Musical Sake.
- Sake tasting sessions, including insight into Hazu’s unique live sake brewing processes such as playing Japanese music to bottles for three years to create a smoother taste from vibrations.
- Live cooking demonstrations, with Nobu sharing cooking secrets behind his renowned fare.
- Silk Road and The Sushi Bar appearances, during regular dinner hours, to welcome guests and enhance their meal enjoyment.
- Cookbook signings and photo opportunities.
“The partnership between Nobu and Crystal Cruises has been so successful because we both have a sincere passion for excellence, and a desire to deliver it in an atmosphere of friendly, yet attentive, hospitality,” says Toni Neumeister, vice president, food and beverage operations. “Nobu truly enjoys engaging with his clientele, many of whom are also Crystal travelers, yet he also relishes time with his family. The ease and luxury of a Crystal cruise provides the perfect vehicle for this very busy man to put it all together: connect with guests, spend time with his chefs, and relax with his multi-generational, global family.”
The food at Crystal’s Nobu-cuisine restaurants-- the only ones of their kind at sea—is some of the best at sea authentically replicating the master chef’s style and flair. What’s more, there is no additional fee to feast on the fare since the luxury cruise line now offers all-inclusive fares. And if you book a penthouse deck suite or stateroom you can even have Nobu sent in and served by your butler on your balcony or interior table (which your National Cruise Examiner and her mate have done many times).
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.