What would good barbecue be without a great sauce? Sweet, spicy, smoky and finger licking good, the sauce can make all the difference between good bbq and great bbq.
Chef Michael Symon has created a sauce that has all of the elements of a great sauce and one of the secrets is the addition of Knob Creek Rye Whiskey. Brown sugar, malt vinegar, brown mustard and adobo add the sweet, spicy and smoky. You add the finger licking part by grilling ribs, chicken, burgers or anything else to juicy perfection with the help of Knob Creek, Chef Symon and his wonderful Meat Master Class videos.
Chipotles are smoked jalapenos. Almost always packed in a vinegar based sauce called adobo, they are popular in Mexican and Latin American dishes.
Find Knob Creek products at Aspen Liquor in Broken Arrow.
Knob Creek BBQ Sauce
- 1 part malt vinegar
- 1 part brown sugar
- 1 Part Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
- 2 parts brown mustard
- 1 part chipotle adobe puree
- Heat vinegar, sugar and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey in a sauce pan until sugar is melted and the liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove liquid from heat and whisk in mustard and chipotle puree.
- Store in refrigerator and enjoy, can be stored for up to 1 month.