This chef is on fire. Not only is Gordon Ramsay the master of his kitchen empire, but he's also intent on enhancing his already healthy lifestyle by proving his power as a triathlete in his 40s, he told Queen Latifah on her October 3 talk show.
As to how the busy entrepreneur manages to make time to train for his fitness passion, it's simple: He gets up at 4:30 am, Gordon informed a visibly shuddering Queen Latifah. But he feels it's worth it to overcome the damage done by gravity as you age, Gordon laughed.
In addition to his own desire to eat right and exercise, Gordon is now spreading his menu magic message to children with his new show, "MasterChef Junior." He emphasizes that encouraging them to cook from scratch offers rewards now and for the rest of their lives while improving their self-esteem. At a very fit 46, he's a walking illustration of his belief. You can read more about his new show by clicking here.
Two little "master chefs" joined Gordon and Queen Latifah to demonstrate their skills (both at cooking and at being adorable!). And although he's become famed almost as much for his cursing as his cooking, Gordon's gentle supervision, frequent praise and encouraging words made it evident that he's adapted to what's involved in working with children.
Try one of Gordon's recipes featured on Queen Latifah's show below, and you can also enjoy other healthy recipes in his book "Gordon Ramsay's Healthy Appetite: 125 Super-Fresh Recipes for a High-Energy Life."
Gordon Ramsay's King Crab Capellini Ingredients
- 6 ounces of King Crab meat shredded
- 6 ounces of Dried capellini
- 2 Cloves of garlic, fine chopped
- 1 Shallot, fine chopped
- 2 ounces of Dry white wine or White Ver Jus
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 2 ounces of Vegetable broth
- 4 ounces of Extra virgin olive oil
- To taste (TT) Butter
- To taste (TT) Lime
- To taste (TT) Cilantro
- To taste (TT) Salt and pepper to season
1. Make sure to have boiling water seasoned with salt and olive oil to cook the pasta.
2. Drop the pasta in the boiling seasoned water and stir until submerged.
3. Heat a large sauté pan with 3 ounces of olive oil.
4. Add the garlic, shallots, and chilies and sauté until soft.
5. Add the Crab and white wine and reduce to 1/3.
6. Add vegetable Stock.
7. When the pasta is cooked add it to the pan with the crab.
8. Finish with butter.