Dips are a crowd pleasing option for your Super Bowl party. Who doesn’t love a good dip? Chef Pete Loren, of Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace, was happy to share his recipe for Cheezy Taco Beef Dip with Examiner readers.
Cheezy Taco Beef Dip
· 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
· 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced 1/4"
· 1/2 red bell pepper, diced 1/4"
· 1 lb. lean ground beef
· 1 oz. package Lawry’s taco seasoning mix
· 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
· 1 lb. sour cream
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium size saute pan, saute onions and bell peppers in 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil until tender then add the ground beef and cook until browned. Strain off all grease and reserve meat and onions within the pan. (Discard grease)
2. Add Taco Seasoning and Velveeta Cheese and bring to a simmer while stirring
3. Stir in sour cream and remove from heat
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste
5. Serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips
Nino Salvaggio International Marketplace was founded by the late Nino Salvaggio in St. Clair Shores in 1979. With stores in Clinton Township, St. Clair Shores and Troy, the fresh gourmet market offers a complete grocery shopping experience in a specialty store setting. The markets boast one of the most extensive fresh produce departments in the area along with exceptional meats, fresh in-store bakery, specialty wines and prepared foods to go and much more. For more information and to shop online, visit www.NinoSalvaggio.com, and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.