Vegetables are always the perfect side dish to any meal. Broccoli is one vegetable that is in the top ten choices families prepare often for their families. Taking the cooking process a little further brings on a whole new flavor and texture. Steamed broccoli may get boring after a while so a change in how it’s prepared can bring smiles to the dining table. Not many people can turn down fried foods and when eaten in moderation can be just the treat to a veggie that all members of the family are aching to try. These little cheesy vegetables bites are lightly fried to perfection and give you a crisp crunch with a tasty twist that will get more broccoli eaten especially by those picky little eaters that share the dinner table together.
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Cut up broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Place the broccoli and cheese into a large mixing bowl and set aside after tossing lightly.
- In a small mixing bowl add the milk and beat the egg into it and set it aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and ½ a teaspoon of oil together.
- Combine the egg mixture and the flour mixture together and pour into the mixing bowl with the cheese and broccoli.
- Add the remaining oil into a large frying pan and heat oil so it is hot.
- Then drop the broccoli into the oil by spoonfuls and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove broccoli bites and place on a paper towel lined dish to soak up the excess oil.
- Transfer all the cheesy, fried broccoli bites onto a serving platter and eat while hot.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author:
Home and Living Examiner shares household tips, events, tips and tricks for greener living and fun crafts and ideas. Healthy Living Examiner teaches about nutrition, updates on public news alerts and recalls and medical and health issues. Jackson Celebrity Examiner has the gossip about your favorite stars. Mobile Top News Examiner brings news stories to your fingertips occurring in the United States as well as other countries on a variety of topics. Mobile Holidays Examiner is interesting while sharing traditional and bizarre holidays, food holidays along with history and trivia about fun holidays throughout the year.