This dip is excellent for a luncheon or cocktail party. It is very easy to make. It will only take 30 minutes to prepare. The dip must chill for 3 hours before being ready to serve. It will store well in the fridge for a couple of days. It has a beautiful color of pale coral and will brighten almost any lunch or dinner table. It is great served with salads, plain lettuce, crackers, raw veggies, crisp breads, etc. It is very tasty and delicious and family, friends, and guests will love it. I hope that you will enjoy preparing and serving this delicious shrimp dip as much as I do. It is a real party pleaser.
When this cheesy shrimp dip is served with Melba toast it is an awesome treat. It may be served in the container it was made in or it may be unmolded onto a serving platter of lettuce for decorative purposes. It may also be sliced for more conveinence. It has a wonderful cheese and shrimp flavor that will compliment any raw vegetable. It looks as if you have spent countless hours in the kitchen preparing it. Guests will always be back for more. This dip contains a high content of protein.
2 packs of unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup of cold water
1 can of tomato soup
3 packs of cream cheese, softened and mashed
1 cup of celery, chopped
1 cup of shallots, chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
3 cans of shrimp, washed and drained, broken into pieces
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of dried onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1./2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Dissolve the gelatin in the cold water.
2. In a medium saucepan, add the tomato soup and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the soft gelatin and allow the mixture to cool. When this mixture is barely warm, blend in the cream cheese.
3. Add the celery, bell pepper, red pepper, shallots, onion, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix until well blended.
4. Oil a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Pour in the mixture and spread even. Cover the pan and chill for 3 hours.
5. This dip may be served in the pan or it may be unmolded onto a serving platter of lettuce for decorative purposes.
6. Serve and enjoy!