The world of data storage has been revolutionized with flash drive. Floppy discs do not have a lot of capacity and are also fragile. Zip drives, on the other hand, are bulky and expensive. CDs and DVDs were awkward and it took too long for data to be burnt. Now, however, all these problems were resolved with the help of USB flash drives. Not only are they reliable for storing data and transferring, but they are also easy to use and compact. What’s more is that this method of data storage is inexpensive. Finding cheap 16GB USB flash drive in the market is very easy.
Now, people can transport huge quantities of data in the palm of their hands with USB flash drives. In simple terms, a USB drive can also be called a miniaturized version of the hard drive of your computer. Moreover, there are multiple ways in which these flash drives can be of use to you. Some of the uses are as follows:
• MP3 Library: USB flash drives can play the role of MP3 players that are PC dependent, apart from supporting document saving and file transfers. Use the flash drive for saving your MP3 library and plug it into any machine with a USB port. People can also create playlists and tag favorites because the library is organized in a browsing interface.
• Mobile Application Support: Numerous applications are available on the web, which are especially designed for being exclusively run on a flash drive. People can get a cheap 16GB USB flash drive for carrying an email client or a web browser.
• File Backup: Flash drives can be used as superior storage devices because of their large capacity. They can be kept at another location from the original for the purpose of added security.
• Troubleshoot PCs: USB drives are very small and therefore easy to manage. They can be used for running diagnostic operations on more than one computer. The diagnostic routine can be streamlined with the help of these drives. People do not have to download an antivirus application on every computer individually. Instead, they can download it once on the drive and then plug it into every PC and laptop that needs a scan.
• Sharing Files: When files have to be transferred between two computers, which are not part of the same network, a flash drive can do this very quickly. Nonetheless, the flash drive should be compatible with the operating systems.
• Bootable Disk: A flash drive can also be used for storing an operating system and then use it for booting a laptop or computer. A virus can be removed and a hard drive can be repaired in this manner.
Today, flash drives of various capacities can be found by people, depending on their use. A cheap 16GB USB flash can be helpful in doing majority of the aforementioned functions. Various manufacturers offer these drive nowadays, but people can get them from Chinese electronics for the most reasonable prices.