Charlie Chaplin was one of the original stars in Hollywood. His penguin style of walk delighted silent moviegoers for years as he brought laughter and enjoyment into a world rebounding from the first World War.
Despite being a huge comedic star Chaplin’s career was short-lived. During a time of widespread speculation Chaplin was accused of being a communism. Falling so rapidly stardom to being unemployable Chaplin was always able to keep his sense of humor.
“A day without laughter,” said Chaplin, “is a day wasted.”
To be positive asset to your workplace culture focus on motivational stories like this to get you through those days when coworkers are making false accusations, projects are hitting unexpected snags or things just are not going well. Think about the antics of Charlie Chaplin and perhaps it will put a smile on your face to get you through your day.
This is another installment of a series of motivational quotes providing information about the persons being quoted and the application to our daily life. I is based on material prepared by getmaximpact.com of Rochester Hills, Mich., and is intended as a tool for building the success of today’s business professionals. It is a 2014 © copyright by getmaximpact.com and used with their permission.
Resources for creating a winning workplace culture:
- Cultural roadmap, a look at the contents of the character within each of us.
- Max Impact offers free leadership training and development materials including Cultural Faux Pas and Culture Quizzes
- Keep your workforce motivated with these motivational quotes.
- Books about workplace cultures.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons ideal for building leadership during staff meetings.