Serve your valentine a light dessert after dinner. This is another way to toast your love for each other with champagne. This custard cream is made with champagne to create a beautiful, light and delicious parfait type dessert. The cream caresses fresh berries for a refreshing treat that is perfect after a fancy romantic dinner.
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of your favorite champagne
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Add the egg yolks and sugar into a heavy saucepan and beat with a hand mixer. Continue mixing until the mixture is thick and lemon yellow in color.
- Slowly add the champagne and continue mixing.
- Turn the heat on low and continue to mix with the mixer for another minute.
- The saucepan will now be hot.
- Continue to beat the mixture over a low heat for an additional 6-7 minutes until the cream reaches a temperature of 160’.
- Place the pan in a large bowl filled with ice water to cool the mixture down quickly.
- Stir the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Then wrap the top of the custard mixture with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic sits on top of the custard and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Whip the whipped cream in a medium sized bowl.
- Then fold the whipped cream into the custard cream mixture.
- Add a dollop of champagne cream to a parfait or cocktail glass.
- Place some berries over the cream.
- Add another dollop of cream and top with a few more berries and serve.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.