Champ/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide will take the wraps off five grip models, the new Helix spike and the FLIX Pro Divot Tool at Booth 2629 during the PGA Merchandise Show from Jan. 22-24 in Orlando.
Extensive research and development led to the creation of four full swing grip options – C2, C4, C6 and C8 – and the C1 putter grip. Each is designed with an emphasis on technical innovation and game-improving performance, while incorporating attractive designs and colours.
"The PGA Show has always been an ideal venue to introduce our products to new and existing customers, PGA professionals and the media,” said Harris MacNeill, President and CEO of Champ/MacNeill Engineering Worldwide, in a media release. “We have grown so much in recent years and our entire global staff is excited about releasing the new grips and adding to the other categories that have been the hallmark of our business.”
Details on the grips include:
- C8 ($15.99) – Most advanced technology and highest grade materials, including a new optimum feel Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO) compound infused with Kevlar® for unmatched torque control and incredible wear resistance. Anti-shock layer and tacky texture combine to create excellent feel and comfort in all weather conditions.
- C6 ($9.99) – The two-tone rubber grip is available in non-cord, half-cord and full-cord options, designed with extra support to dampen vibration and provide repeatable performance in all weather conditions.
- C4 ($5.99) – All rubber grip with unique diamond and curve design that delivers optimal control and feel, while a convenient hand position guide makes it an all-around winner for players of all skill levels.
- C2 ($3.99) – Features Champ’s diamond design pattern for comfort and control and is an ideal replacement grip at a value price.
- C1 – Made from a super soft, super lightweight and great feeling polyurethane material, this distinctive putter grip incorporates a flat front design and diamond pattern for unmatched control on the greens. It’s offered in three sizes – small, medium and large.
Champ’s new Helix cleat is engineered with a special green-friendly spiral design to minimize spike marks. It provides solid stability and traction, while using advanced materials for maximum durability. Winners of more than 50 events used the company’s spikes worldwide in 2013.
Also new for 2014 is the latest generation of the FLIX Divot Repair instrument, offered under the FLIX Pro moniker. While it shares the same design and structural strength of the original, the Pro model features a high-end aluminum and is available in three new colours – silver, black and red. It includes a magnetically attached ball-marker that can be customized to highlight company, club or event logos and names.
Champ will also exhibit its award-winning FLYtee lines and a variety of other premium accessories. Each will be on display at the company’s booth and the new grips will be available for sampling at the Equipment Testing Center (hitting station No. 9).