1. Life
  2. Pets
  3. Dogs

Chamberlin's struggle - a forgotten dog's will to survive Video Included

Guilford County, NC - Chamberlin is a dog struggling to survive. His photos show a body devastated by starvation. A frail dog, reminiscent of Courage, the starved German shepherd, and Lucian, the abandoned Pit bull. A body consisting of bones and skin, nails on his paws so long that they have curled and grown back into his pads - a dog ravaged by the effects of extreme neglect.

Chamberlin was literally forgotten. Deprived on the one thing that dogs crave more than anything - human attention. Deprived on the two things necessary for survival - food and water. Deprived of one the most basic of necessities - shelter.

Chamberlin was discovered in a yard when overgrown grass was being mowed. Long forgotten by those that were supposed to care for him, the dog languished in the yard, his body so malnourished it could no longer hold him upright...he had literally disappeared from sight.

Chamberlin is currently at the Guilford County Animal Shelter receiving the care that he desperately needs to survive. He has undergone surgery to close pressure wounds. He is being treated for an upper respiratory infection, and an ear infection. He is receiving two other things that are critical to his survival - food, to nourish his weak body, and love, to bolster his spirit.

How an individual can forget another living being is beyond comprehension. Thankfully for Chamberlin, he is now safely in the hands of caring people. He has food, water, medical care, shelter, and he is surrounded by love and kindness.

Watch his video - it is painful to see the condition of his weak body, but witnessing his sweet spirit makes it bearable. His tail shows evidence of his forgiving spirit. His eyes are bright with his will to survive.

Thanks to Susie's Miracle Fund and the Guilford County Animal Shelter, Chamberlin is able to receive the medical attention necessary for his survival. Please hold Chamberlin in your thoughts and prayers and send this forgotten dog all of the love that he has been denied in his life.

If you are interested in receiving future dog-related articles, including news, tips and advice, please click the Subscribe Icon. It's free and anonymous. Thank you for reading and thank you for sharing this article with others.

If you have a story idea that you would like to share, please contact me at Eims1@live.com.

Other articles of interest:

Comments

• MARIA KAUFFMAN 4 years ago

Whoever dd this to him SHOULD BURN IN HELL, how can you leave a dog in this shape & sleep at night.

Agreed!

• Kathy Henson 4 years ago

I pray there is a different hell for people that abuse animals. One where they have to live eternity in the condition they left that animal. Burned, beaten, starved, etc. That is what they deserve.

• Greg Rice 3 years ago

It's awfull that someone could just walk away from Chamberlin , it brings a whole new meaning to the word Nasty !

OMG, You deserve so much love, care and tasty treats Chamberlin.
    My thoughts are with you. Get well xoxo

How do you forget you have a dog? This disgusts me and breaks my heart. I am so so happy he was found and he will survive. The worthless POS that did this to him let me tell you something Karma is a bitch and she is coming for you. I agree with Maria you should burn in hell!

I totally agree....how do you forget that you have a dog? All I can think about is what went through Chamberlain's mind as the grass was growing around him, as he was slowly starving to death. Yes, the POS that did this to Chamberlain needs to rot in hell for eternity.

I can't even watch this or I will not be able to sleep for the nightmares... but, yes this will come back of the sad excuse for a human who did this

Man's inhumanity never ceases to amaze and disgust me.

Me, too.

• Patrice Torrillo 4 years ago

The Pieces of Scum that did this to him need to be found and charged and put in jail!.. It is just disgusting that they can get away with this! I am sorry but this is a life and it needs to be treated as such. If it were up to me the same punishment would apply as if you did this to a human..I don't know how some people sleep at night! We need HARSHER PUNISHMENT or this Shi*t will never stop!!!!! I wish you nothing but to ROT FROM THE INSIDE OUT and the same thing you did to this poor dog!... Get Better Soon Chamberlain...XOXOXO

• Sue L 4 years ago

I would like this scumbag to be found and the death penalty to be implemented.A slow painful death.That is after this POS has been starved and had similar tretment applied to him.This is horrific.
    All the best Chamberlin.

Patrice, don't ever be sorry for your feelings! Every animal lover who sees this video will experience the same feelings as you do: rage, bitterness for the human wannabe who did this, hopelessness at ever being able to stop these atrocious acts against the most innocent of all creatures on this planet. Man is the only animal on earth that is capable of malice toward another living breathing creature.

• Nancy Ball 4 years ago

When will people wake up and have a brain! Whoever did this should be left to rot in a jail cell, no food, no water, no contact - there is NO excuse for what happened to this poor soul. Seeing him in this video is heartbreaking but when you see his tail wagging, he has forgiven. Thank you to all who came to his rescue and are giving him the care he needs. I pray he gets well and finds a good family who will cherish him for the rest of his life. As far as whoever left him to rot, may they be following by a dark cloud over their rotten lives!

• Kelly Travers 4 years ago

Amen!

• Kathy Jo Ventrano 4 years ago

I ask myself this question many times daily, the answer is when each one of us decides to do something, anything. Raise awareness and let it be known that we will not tolerate this any longer. There have been many before us that wondered the same and they finally made a stand and said the time has come, we will not tollerate this any longer. This is why I can vote, why we have human rights now it's our turn. I believe that our generation will be the generation that will give animals their rights. When the good people stand and do something, it doesn't matter how small if we all do our small part it can change everything.
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little. ~Edmund Burke

• Lori A 4 years ago

Beyond heartbreaking - how on earth could anyone with a heart and soul do this? I hope this dear, sweet, deserving soul gains strength and gets the loving family he so deserves. I will be anxious to see updates of his progress and keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Someone needs to come forward and turn this person or persons in! Surely someone knows something. Hell is to good for the S.O.B that did this! Eye for an eye, animal or human, it's a life. Sickening! Such a sweet dog.

Can you please keep us updated on his progress. People are sick. It is the animals that are loving and forgiviing. Bastards.

I've been following Chamberlin ever since his story his Facebook a couple of days ago and still cry when I think about what this poor, precious baby went thru. I am so happy he was found before it was too late and I pray that he has a happy ever after. As the proud "Parent" of 4 babies of this amazing breed it never ceases to amaze me at how quick they forgive. Their spirit, devotion, loyalty, goofyness and love make my life so much better! How in the world could the a**holes that did this forget they have a dog??? Unfortunately things like this, and worse, happen everyday to this loyal breed and others. When do we say enough is enough? We, the animal lovers and advocates of this country are their only hope and WE MUST, MUST, MUST stand united in the fight to change the laws. The animals deserve it and if not us then who?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, commited citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

I could not have said it better. Margaret Mead is smart. We are changing the way animals are treated in this country. Don't ever think the smallest effort is unnoticed. Facebook is opening awareness to the animal movement and it is now predicted that in 40 years from now with all the rescues, and non kills shelters that shelters will not have as many dogs and cats, and that euthansia may be close to non existence. I hope I am alive to see that day. We need to change the mindset on how animals are treated, and their value along with human life. They are a social and living thing that provides a valuable service to mankind. They deserve respect. And we need tougher laws. Animals are NOT products. That is the mindset we need to implement. We need to educate and teach our children to respect and treat animals with love and that they will return that love back.

• Linda N 4 years ago

This is ripping my heart out. We would like to adopt this guy. He will never lack for anything ever again.

This made me cry so badly i just wanted to give him a hug i wish i could take him home with me and give him the loving family and home he deserves

• lynda chabane 3 years ago

Poor baby, and such a beautiful boy. People never cease to amaze me!!!!! Please let us have any further updates on how he is doing now, he has touched my heart along with so many others. Thanks.

I'm speechless! But I'm glad he survived. What is he doing now, has anyone an update?

• Alim Mila 3 years ago

Read what you people are writing. The monsters who did this to this dog are making monsters out of you as well.

• Profile picture of dru wilson
    dru wilson 3 years ago

how can somebody FORGET a living being....AND tied up to boot??!! jeez, if u're just gonna walk away from u'r dog at least, leave him untied!!!! that way he can look for food n water!!! u stupid, heartless bastards, YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, u know? did u see the vid? did u see that precious boy wagging that tail? he's safe now, he's gonna b fine...............n u 2 evil ppl had NOTHING 2 do with it.......................... i hope u get put away for this..............u horrible beings.