Chai Lifeline (www.chailifeline.org) believes in fighting illness with love. So that on December 18, 2013, Chai Lifeline held its annual gala, "The Roads to Healing," at The New York Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway, New York, NY.
This wonderful event helped to support the birthright of every single child. That birthright being one of hope, compassion, care and joy especially for that child whose life has been stolen by pediatric illness.
Now the guiding principles of Chai Lifeline are:
l. That seriously ill children need and deserve as happy and normal a childhood as possible.
2. That illness affects each member of the family.
3. That the well-being of an ill child is impacted by the well-being of his or her family.
4. That pediatric illness can have a devastating financial effect on families.
With this in mind, Chai Lifeline strives to:
l. Find ways to bring joy to the lives of young patients and their families.
2. Provide hope and optimism in children, families and communities.
3. Educate and involve communities in caring for ill children and their families.
4. Provide unparalleled support throughout the child's illness, recovery and beyond.
5. Offer all services free of charge to ensure that every family has access to the program it needs.
So to learn more about this great, huge hearted organization click HERE and find out more!