Cerner is a supplier of healthcare information technology solutions, services, devices and hardware. Cerner solutions optimize processes for healthcare organizations. These solutions are licensed by:
- 9,300 facilities globally, including more than 2,650 hospitals
- 3,750 physician practices
- 40,000 physicians
- 500 ambulatory facilities, such as laboratories, ambulatory centers, cardiac facilities, radiology clinics and surgery centers
- 800 home health facilities;
- 40 employer sites and 1,600 retail pharmacies.
Neal Patterson is chairman of the board, chief executive officer and president of Cerner Corporation, a company he co-founded with two colleagues in 1979. Today, Cerner is the world's largest independent health information technology company, with $2.2 billion in revenues in 2011 and more than 11,000 associates worldwide.