Since 1976, the Centurions Leadership Program has been a training ground for future Kansas City leaders. Today, the two-year program has more than 70 active Centurions who join more than 1,200 alumni. The close-knit group includes women and men from diverse backgrounds with a common goal to expand their personal and professional networks within the group and throughout the community.
The group's mission is:
- To prepare a representative cross-section of the community's emerging leaders for their role in shaping the future of greater Kansas City.
The Centurions' mission is achieved by:
- Acquainting members with current community issues
- Providing a framework for meeting other outstanding current and future community leaders
- Promoting greater awareness of community resources
- Exploring diversified segments of our city
- Offering avenues to become more civically involved through Centurions' projects or other civic opportunities presented to Centurions members
Centurions is open to anyone whose employer is a member of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.
Applicants are selected on the basis of a written application, recommendations, and personal interviews. The program selects a group of men and women from diverse ethnic and professional backgrounds, each with strong potential as a future community leader. An annual tuition, which covers meeting expenses, a retreat, and task force luncheons is required and may be paid by the individual, his or employer, or a sponsoring organization. Limited scholarships based on financial need are available. A company may have only one person at a time participate in the two-year program.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the 2014-2016 program years, your application, a $50 application fee, and at least three letters of recommendation are due by end of business on Monday, June 2, 2014. Interviews are conducted during the month of June, and all applicants will be notified of their status by July 31, 2014.
- The application for the 2014-2016 program years will be available for download in Spring of 2014.
A series of events open to Centurions recruits are held in Spring of 2014. These events include socials, information sessions, and more.