- Dancing with the Stars host, Brooke Burke and her 10-year-old daughter, Sierra enjoyed a mother/daughter afternoon in NYC bonding over sweet treats and savory selections at Sugar and Plumm, NYC’s whimsical bistro, bakery and chocolatier. The mother/daughter duo enjoyed the restaurant’s Classic Cheeseburger, Kids Grilled Cheese with Fries and Whole Grain Salad. They also enjoyed a selection of sweets, including the Classic Banana Split, a slice of Blackout Cake, Tropical Pavlova and an assortment of Sugar and Plumm’s signature macarons.
- Friday night at LAVO in Las Vegas, Brandi Glanville celebrated the release of her new book "Drinking and Tweeting and Other Brandi Blunders," which was just named a New York Times bestseller. Wearing a pink dress from her new Brand B clothing line on the red carpet, she shared that she is already in the early stages of planning her second book and that while she is still contemplating topics, it may be about dating over 40 in this new digital age, confiding that she just broke up with two boys – “one east coaster and one west coaster”. Glanville confirmed that when she finishes promoting this first book she plans to stop speaking about her ex-husband’s affair, but admitted, “I’m sure there is more scandal I can get myself into down the road”. Joined by her co-author Leslie Bruce and two girlfriends, the group toasted the success of the book while dining on LAVO signature dishes and sipping rose. Throughout dinner several well wishers stopped by the table to declare they were “Team Brandi”. After dinner the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star headed upstairs to the nightclub, where she was surprised by a huge cake depicting her new book with the arms and legs of a man looking like ex-husband Eddie Cibrian squashed underneath. Glanville laughed at the confectionary creation and even took a few bites out of it to the thrill of the crowd. Also spotted at LAVO Friday night was Ray Rice of the Superbowl Champion Baltimore Ravens. The running back and a group of guys feasted on steaks and spaghetti and meatballs, while a fan sent over a celebratory shot of tequila. After dinner they made their way to a VIP table on the dance floor in the nightclub and celebrated the birthday of one of the friends in the group. Theophilus London dined at the Italian eatery as well. Joined by friends the rapper, who turned 26 at midnight, then headed upstairs to the nightclub where he was treated to a birthday celebration.
In this month’s episode of ARTST TLK on Reserve Channel on YouTube, host Pharrell Williams sits down with one of his idol’s skateboarding legend, Tony Hawk. From his first deck to Birdhouse to Boom Boom Huck Jam to a video game empire, Tony talks toPharrell about experiencing things that were beyond his imagination as a kid. See what they have to say about the evolution of skateboarding and the challenges that face the industry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3JtuHpizxo&feature=youtu.be
- On Joy Bryant’s latest episode of Across the Board on the Reserve Channel, she interviews DJ Samantha Ronson. Sam opens up about a number of things – her career as a top DJ, being a twin, her very musical family, life in LA, social anxiety and how her world was flipped upside down when during her relationship with Lindsay Lohan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnxF7F0mRDg
In this month’s episode of CAPTURE on Reserve Channel on YouTube, host Mark Seliger sits down with Model and Photographer Helena Christensen and her mentor, Mary Ellen Mark to talk about portrait photography and the photos that are the most meaningful to them. Both women talk about their travels – Helena talks about “hitchhiking around the world at 18-years-old” as the time when she fell in love with the art of photography. Mary Ellen Mark talks about her time in India photographing the circus – as well as her work with some of Hollywood’s greatest talents – including Marlon Brando and Dennis Hopper. Capture with Mark Seliger is a fresh and informative look at the art of photography and the stories behind the images. To see this month’s episode, check out this embeddable trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8x7vBnEaqQ
- David Yurman will host a sample sale from February 28th – March 3rd. The sample sale will feature an assortment of specially priced women’s and men’s jewelry, timepieces and eyewear.
Thursday, February 28th – 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday, March 1st – 10:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, March 2nd - 10:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday, March 3rd – 11:00am – 5:00pm
Location: The Altman Building, 135 West 18th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues
- Today Rue La La will feature thirty percent off packages to Miraval Resort & Spa in Tucson, AZ. Widely considered one of the finest spa's in the world, a popular opinion shared by devoted fan Oprah Winfrey, Miraval Resort & Spa is located in Sonoran Desert with the Santa Catalina Mountains as the scenic backdrop for its mission to rejuvenate the body and mind.
- SELF magazine – Conde Nast’s 30+ year old leading active lifestyle brand recently announced a revamping of the brand and magazine to highlight its increased focus on the intersection of fashion, beauty and fitness. SELF started the movement that’s now the mainstream: the cultural phenomenon that a healthy body is inextricably linked to beauty and fashion. Health and wellness is now a lifestyle trend, as evidenced by the expansion of Lululemon as not-just-gym wear, as well as the overwhelming popularity of fitness crazes like Tough Mudder, Soul Cycle, and Barry’s Bootcamp.
- Mika Brzezinski, cohost of MSNBC’s Morning Joe is on the cover of Capitol File magazine’s spring issue. What has made her most proud in her professional life? She told the mag, “One thing that always makes me so happy is to be able to be a woman in television who is really happy with the job she has and wants to go nowhere else. I think women are always trying to manage up and navigate to the next thing, and they’re always on this hyperventilating roller coaster trying to get to the next thing. I don’t want to go anywhere; I love what I have. It’s a great feeling. That is a “finest hour” kind of feeling.”
- Shopbop hosted a group of London’s stylish VIPs to a pre-Brit Awards boat party on the Thames leading up to the 02 Arena, including Anouck Lepere (model), Harley Viera Newton (DJ), Amber Le Bon (model), Emily Johnston (blogger; FashionFoieGras), Bip Ling (blogger; BipLing.com), Emma Elwick-Bates (British Vogue) and more all wearing their favorite Shopbop items. The private boat took the chic Brit crowd down the Thames to the venue where guests were treated to Fiol Prosecco and cocktails and a viewing of the latest Shopbop spring items on display. On arrival at the 02 Arena at Greenwich, guests took their seats for the Brit Awards ceremony and enjoyed an evening of music and celebration from Britain’s top talent.
- Following on their heels of the presentation in Milan during Fashion Week, Woolrich John Rich and Bros. redesigned women's collection heads to Coterie at the Javits Center & Pier 94 – booth #10643.
- Bloomingdales is hosting a small soiree to fete the Jonathan Adler's accessory brand. It is a personal appearance by Jonathan with canapés and beverages. It is all happening on March 1st from 5-7pm at Bloomingdales uptown.
- Creative Director of Marie Claire Magazine Nina Garcia arrived at the Oscars in an Alon Livne dress at Hollywood & Highland Center on February 24, 2013 in Hollywood, California.
- Robin Roberts looked absolutely stunning at last night’s 85th Oscar awards donning a Marc Bouwer cobalt blue, velvet halter gown. The Marc Bouwer Couture gown was shown on the fall 13 runway in an emerald green but Marc Bouwer created the dress in the show stopping cobalt blue exclusively for Robin Roberts.
- Actress Kate Bosworth looked radiant in a ring by Sylva & Cie at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California last night. The sleek diamond ring was a flawless accent to Kate’s party perfect look.
- Best Actor Winner, Daniel Day-Lewis, for his role in Best Picture Nominated "Lincoln" Vacca created a custom, navy blue tuxedo, single breasted which featured a shawl collar in grosgrain, which is the classic Italian sartorial tradition. The tuxedo shirt was a simple design and featured Domenico Vacca’s signature, high collar and was made in a basket weave cotton. Pants were high-waisted, narrow leg and had no belt loops as Day-Lewis opted not to wear a cummerbund. Daniel Day-Lewis’ initials were also hand sewn inside the jacket, truly personalizing the custom-made tux.
- LEGO is out of the toy box and into the art gallery. New York-based contemporary artist and celebrated sculptor Nathan Sawaya is debuting a brand new collection of artwork entitled IN PIECES, a multimedia collaboration with award-winning Australian photographer Dean West. Sawaya is best-known for his preeminent and iconic work out of LEGO, while Australian photographer West specializes in hyper realism imagery. The two artists spent years traveling and working together to blend their crafts resulting in the IN PIECES collection of visually stunning two-dimensional images that are exhibited with corresponding and complimentary three-dimensional LEGO sculptures. “I’m excited to debut a new form of LEGO art and to continue to take this childhood toy into a new frontier of sophisticated contemporary art,” said Sawaya. “LEGO is no longer just for building cars and trucks, it’s a legitimate art medium and I’m proud to have been on the forefront of what is evolving into a bit of an art revolution for the toy.” IN PIECES features a series of large-scale tableau compositions based on ideas about nature, culture, society and more specifically, identity. “Identity as a cultural creation has been heavily commercialized and manipulated,” said West. “We wanted to prominently portray this by mashing up our artistic styles and mediums into a highly stylized representation of contemporary life. The integration of Nathan’s unique sculptures adds an innovative and compelling element to the narrative and aesthetic of the collection.” West and Sawaya collaborated on every element of these pieces of artwork. The duo traveled to various locales in California, Toronto, New York, Utah and Nevada to photograph the scenes for these stories. Sawaya built the featured sculptures piece by piece, trying to capture the illusion that the LEGO sculptures are native to the setting. IN PIECES, presented by Avant Gallery, will launch in New York City on Thursday, February 28th at the Openhouse Gallery (201 Mulberry Street) in SoHo. The exhibition will be open daily to the public from February 28th – March 17th (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM). For more information on IN PIECES visit: www.InPiecesCollection.com.
- "A Goldmine of Planet Bordeaux Wines” is hosting an event on Tuesday, March 5th taking place at the Metropolitan Pavilion in NYC, this event will feature a grand tasting of the many diverse and affordable wines from Bordeaux, the world's wine capital. The event will open to the public 5pm-8pm and will also feature a Master Class with Kevin Zraly on the ’09 and ’10 vintages at 6:30pm. For more information visit here. Guests may sign up for the 6:30pm the Master Class on a first-come basis.