The master and creator of "Star Wars" is none other than Mr. George Lucas Jr., and everyone knows that he is rich, but they may not realize that his fortune reaches other galaxies. He was the chairman and founder of Lucasfilm which was recently sold off to Disney for $4 billion, but that isn't all of his fortune. As of Feb. 17, 2014, George Lucas has a celebrity net worth of $7.3 billion.
- Net worth: $7.3 billion
Even though he wanted to race cars when he was younger, a potentially fatal accident from high school ended up changing his life focus. George Lucas started making films in college and from there, the rest just really is history.
There is no mistake that his success has come from certain franchises and his pure genius, but there is no doubt that he has earned it.
It was in 1977 when Lucas released the first "Star Wars" film that would go on to spawn five sequels (during his time as chairman) and a whole host of spin-offs. The six-film collective franchise brought in more than $5 billion worldwide.
- "Star Wars" - $775 million worldwide
- "Return of the Jedi" - $475 million worldwide
- "The Empire Strikes Back" - $538 million worldwide
- "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" - $1.03 billion worldwide
- "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" - $649 million worldwide
- "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" - $848 million worldwide
At the time he sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $4 billion, George Lucas had a net worth of $3.3 billion. Since he owned 100 percent of Lucasfilm, the entire amount of the sale went only to him, and his new celebrity net worth to $7.3 billion.