Actor Robert Wagner and his legal team say he is done cooperating with authorities. He plans to stop answering questions about the death of Natalie Wood now that the coroners office has officially changed the cause of death ruling. On Jan. 18, NBC News reported that the Hollywood icon will not agree to be questioned further by authorities regarding the case, most likely on the advice of his attorneys. He has not been ruled a suspect yet -- but at this stage of the game, he's not willing to take any more chances that he may inadvertently say anything that could incriminate him.
MSN elaborated and further shared:
Poor Natalie Wood hasn't had the chance to rest in peace. Robert Wagner, Wood's former husband — and, to some, the main suspect in her death off the coast of Catalina Island in 1981 — says he's no longer answering questions about the case.
Through his attorney, Wagner accused Wood's family of using the investigation to "exploit and sensationalize" her death.
"After 30 years, Mr. Wagner [does not] have any new information to add to this latest investigation," his attorney's terse statement said.
"Bruises on Wood's body prompted the coroner to amend her death certificate," said the source. The coroner's office broke protocol of keeping the cause of death finding consistent with the original report. They officially changed Wood's cause of death to "drowning and other undetermined factors," something that has, technically, reopened the investigation.
Wood allegedly drowned when she fell off a yacht. She had been drinking with her husband Wagner and actor Christopher Walken. Her death has been shrouded in mystery since the time it happened as rumors about the celebrity couple fighting bitterly plagued the actor.