Proving world tours aren’t just for rock bands or the likes of Lady Gaga, Celebrity Cruises today (March 3, 2013) announced the kickoff of "Celebrity's World Tour 2014-15," the brand's introduction of guest-inspired, destination-rich, modern luxury vacations to the seven continents of the world.
In a press release sent out today, Celebrity offered a preview of the type of destination-rich vacations the brand will offer in each destination plus the addition of more ports of call and more overnight stays.
According to Celebrity, full itineraries of the tour will be revealed in detail as each set opens for bookings over the next four weeks, but in the meantime here’s a sneak peek:
- Africa : Celebrity Silhouette's 14-night Holy Land voyage will depart roundtrip from Rome (Civitavecchia), and will be highlighted by an overnight stay in Alexandria, Egypt; an overnight stay in Jerusalem (Ashdod),Israel; and visits to Haifa, Israel; Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey; Athens (Piraeus), Greece; Catania, Sicily, Italy, and Naples/Capri, Italy.
- Antarctica : Exotic 14-night voyages on Celebrity Infinity depart from Buenos Aires, with visits to Ushuaia and Puerto Madryn, Argentina; Cape Horn, Chile; Schollart Channel and Dalhan Bay, Paradise Bay, Gerlache Strait, and Elephant Island, Antarctica; Port Stanley, Falkland Islands, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Asia : Celebrity Millennium's 14-night itineraries will depart from Singapore, beginning with an overnight stay in the city, followed by an overnight stay in Bangkok (Laemchabang), Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City(Phu My), Vietnam; Hue/Danang (Chan May), Vietnam; an overnight stay in Hanoi (Halong Bay), Vietnam, concluding in Hong Kong, China, with an overnight stay.
- Australia : Celebrity Solstice will present 12-night Australia & New Zealand vacations beginning with an overnight stay in Sydney, followed by visits to Melbourne, Australia; Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, Dusky Sound, Dunedin, Akaroa, Wellington, Tauranga and Auckland, New Zealand.
- Europe : Guests can immerse themselves in an 11-night Mediterranean vacation on the newest ship in the Celebrity fleet, Celebrity Reflection, departing roundtrip from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy, with visits to Santorini, Mykonos and Athens (Piraeus), Greece, along with Naples/Capri, Italy, Ephesus (Kusadasi),Turkey, and an overnight stay in Istanbul, Turkey.
- North America: Celebrity Solstice will bring Solstice Class style back to Alaska on 7-night sailings roundtrip from Seattle, Wash., with visits to Ketchikan, Tracy Arm Fjord, Juneau, Skagway, the stunning Inside Passage of Alaska, and Victoria, British Columbia.
- South America : An overnight stay in Buenos Aires highlights the beginning of a 14-night voyage onCelebrity Infinity, followed by visits to Montevideo and Punta Del Este, Uruguay; Puerto Madryn and Ushuaia, Argentina; Cape Horn, Punta Arenas, and Puerto Montt, Chile, in addition to sailing through the Straits of Magellan and Chilean Fjords, ending in Valparaiso, Chile.
Celebrity's World Tour 2014-15 also includes a collection of elite land-based adventures available nowhere else. Named "Celebrity Exclusives," the collection will feature personalized experiences for individuals or small parties no larger than 15 guests.
A sampling of these exclusives include a VIP hospitality package at the 2014 British Open Golf Tournament; an overnight journey to Moscow by high-speed train; roaming the hills of Rome in a Ferrari; enjoying the best of Mykonos on a private yacht; or catamaran sailing in the Finnish archipelago.
A destination concierge will be on board the ships to help passengers plan excursions and side trips and to personalize experiences for them. Celebrity will reveal full details of the breadth of itineraries and land-based adventures within Celebrity's World Tour as each collection of itineraries opens for bookings this month.
For the world tour, Celebrity Captain's Club members will receive "Priority Access" with the opportunity to be first to book the new sailings with exclusive offers. Celebrity's 2014 Bermuda, as well as Canada & New England, is now open to loyalty members.