Ever wonder what kind of makeup/beauty products your favorite celebrities are using? Is it a good idea to copycat celebrity makeup looks? You should always strive to be an original.
However, it makes perfect sense to find out what professional stylists and makeup artists are using on movie stars, singers and TV personalities. They have access to the best beauty products in the Universe.
Chances are, only the cream-of-the-crop selections are being used at the Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes and the Grammys.
Another important thing to remember: make sure that your chosen style icon has similar skin tone, hair and eye color as you do. That way, their makeup routines and color selections should flatter you as well.
Above all, don’t just copy what they do – leave plenty of room for experimentation. Makeup is meant to be fun!
Now, let's examine what some of our favorite luminaries have worn during the biggest entertainment industry events.
Jennifer Lawrence looked flawless at the Oscars. She was wearing:
- Diorskin Forever Foundation
- Diorskin Nude Tan Bronzer
- Diorblush in Peachy Keen #553
- Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow in Bleu de Paris #254
- Diorshow Mascara in Catwalk Black #090
- Dior Addict Lipstick in Beige Casual #222
Charlize Theron stole the night, on and off the red carpet, framed perfectly from head to toe - glamorous, gorgeous, and positively glowing at the Oscars. She was wearing:
- Diorsnow White Reveal Moisturizing Lotion
- Diorsnow Fresh Cream
- Diorsnow White Reveal Illuminating Eye Treatment
- Diorskin Nude BB Cream
- Diorshow Mascara in #090 Catwalk Black
- Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow in Incognito
- Dior Twin Set Eyeshadow in Beige Ribbon #530
- Dior Addict Lip Glow
- Rouge Dior Nude in Indiscrete #228
Mila Kunis put the spotlight on her natural beauty by wearing the following makeup at the premiere of “Oz the Great and Powerful”:
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2
- Laura Mercier Bronzing Powder in Golden Bronze
- Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Peach Mosaic
- Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Praline
- Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Silver
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst
- Laura Mercier Creme Eye Liner in Noir
- Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye liner in Black Ebony
- Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara
- Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Naked
- Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour in Nude Lips
- To make her locks shine, Mila uses Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray.
Anne Hathaway set the stage with her deep wine lipstick at the New York premiere of “Les Miserables.” The finish was created with several Chanel lipsticks: Rouge Allure Intense Lip Color in Rouge Noir, Rouge Allure Velvet Matte Lip Colour in La Somptuese and Rouge Allure in Palpitante.
Cara Delevingne tames her sensational brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel. To achieve baby soft skin, she raves about Simple Face Wipes, Lucas PawPaw Ointment and Live Live Bee Yummy Skin Food. Cara regularly uses SkinCeuticals Vitamin C Serum, Carmex Lip Balm, Venus Freeze mask, Nivea Creme and Crème de la Mer Moisturizer.
Kristen Stewart wore sheer pink lipstick to the New York premiere of “On the Road.” It was created using the Chanel Lip Definer in Pink Sugar and Rouge Coco Sheer Lipshine in Parfait.
When Kristen was ready for bold fuchsia lips, she wore Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet in La Sensuelle, with Chanel's hydrating Rouge Coco Baume underneath.
Kim Kardashian has the original Beauty Blender in her beauty arsenal to achieve the airbrushed finish of her foundation.
Kim’s trademark contouring is done with Smashbox Bronze Lights in Suntan Matte.
One of Kim K’s all-time favorite pink lip looks is MAC Angel lipstick, topped with NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss.
Selena Gomez complements her picture-perfect looks with MAC lipstick in Snob.
Angelina Jolie and her famous pouting lips in MAC Russian Red set the world ablaze at the 2012 Oscars.
Lady Gaga is obsessed with Pink Nouveau lipstick by MAC.
Ginnifer Goodwin showcases her eyes, making them look wide awake with navy long-wear gel eyeliner by Bobbi Brown in Denim Ink.
Renee Zellweger with her natural good looks sets the night aglow with Girly Creme Smooth Lip Colour by Laura Mercier.
Zooey Deschanel sports sheer berry lip finish, which is a mix of two Tarte products: the Glamazon Pure Performance Lipstick in Bold and the LipSurgence Lip Tint in Delighted.
Emily Blunt rocked out with bright red lipstick with pinkish tones at the Critic's Choice Awards. She was wearing Armani's Lip Maestro in #503.
Blake Lively radiated retro glam at the Los Angeles premiere of “Savages.” Her red lips were created with the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in Dragon Girl and Red Square.
Naya Rivera looked absolutely gorgeous at the PaleyFest Icon Award ceremony, wearing famous Ruby Woo lipstick by MAC.
Celebrity Copycat is a regular feature on Makeup Kitty, which will be updated every time we get the scoop with product information. Are you interested in what a certain celebrity uses? Please do not hesitate to ask and I’ll do my best to ferret it out!
Subscribe to future articles by Beauty Examiner Julia Davis