On October 3, 2013, Hornblower Cruises is presenting a seated wine-pairing dinner with Food Network Celebrity Chefs Amanda Freitag and Maneet Chauhan. Starting with signature cocktails and passed hors d’oeuvres, the yacht will set sail around lower Manhattan, returning to the Hornblower Landing (353 West Side Highway) at Hudson River Park’s Pier 40 at West Houston Street at 11PM.
- Spicy Plum Thyme Lemonade (with Spirit of the Hudson vodka)
- Cucumber Pineapple Tequila Cooler (with Casa Noble Blanco tequila)
- Indian Bruschetta (crispy garam masala spiced baguette slices, topped with aachari chicken and a spicy avocado/tomato pico) ~ Maneet Chauhan
- Kale, Ricotta, Fresh Plum Crostini ~ Amanda Freitag
- Curried Shrimp Salad (in cucumber cups with caramelized lentil onion chutney) ~ Maneet Chauhan
- Nichols Farm Potato & Sunchoke Soup (with honeycrisp apples and kale) ~ Amanda Freitag
After the cocktail reception, there is a seated four-course dinner prepared by the chefs with matching wines.
Course 1 - Butternut and Acorn Squash Salad ~ Amanda Freitag
Wine: Kimmel Four Blocks Redessence 2012 – Bordeaux blend (85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc, 3% Malbec, 2% Petite Verdot) from California’s Mendecino County
Course 2 - Malabari Seafood Cioppino ~ Maneet Chauhan
Wine: Donelan Nancie Chardonnay 2011 - Sourced from two vineyards in Sonoma County
Course 3 - Pork Chop with Crisp Pancetta ~ Amanda Freitag
Wine: Williams Selyem Eastside Road Neighbors Pinot Noir 2011 - Sourced from four sites along Eastside Road in Sonoma County: Calegari Vineyard, Black Rose Vineyard, Archer Vineyard, and Foss Vineyard
Course 4 - Jackfruit Toffee Spiced Cake (with lychee ice cream, pistachio rose brittle and pomegranate citrus salad) ~ Maneet Chauhan
Tickets for the event are available through Eventbrite, and are as follows:
General Admission ($175 inclusive): Cocktail reception, four-course wine-pairing dinner and a three-hour Hudson River cruise aboard the Hornblower hybrid yacht.
VIP Admission ($295 inclusive): Early entry at 7PM for a meet and greet with the chefs, gift bag ($200 value); Amanda or Maneet will be at your table for one of the four courses and a three-hour Hudson River cruise aboard the Hornblower hybrid yacht.