Saturday, December 14th was a proud day for Chicagoans, especially those associated with the great animal rescue group PAWS Chicago. Why, you may ask? Well, for one, celebrities of all sorts showed their love and support of homeless animals and those that rescue them and care for their well-being by coming out to support their efforts!
Local celebrities did not think twice about signing on to help PAWS Chicago by participating in the Holiday Open House at their Lincoln Park Adoption Center. It was the PAWS Chicago countdown to Christmas as well as their year-end push to seek homes for the homeless animals in their care.
The celebrities attended from 1:00 until 4:00 p.m. this past Saturday and comingled with the community as they stopped into the Adoption Center seeking a pet for the holidays. The celebrities were happy to engage in the fun, family-friendly activities that were available; designed to educate visitors about the PAWS Chicago mission and to talk about the special adoption center residents. Hot chocolate and snacks were enjoyed by all. The animals at the Center had a great time strutting their stuff in order to get adopted.
The PAWS Chicago open house was designated as the kick-off for the annual PAW Chicago “12 Strays of Christmas” adoption program. The program was designed to exact homes for as many animals as possible by featuring a different ‘stray’ pet in the 12 days leading up to Christmas.
The celebrities included the following:
- Danielle Colby-Cushman, Co-star “American Pickers” on the History Channel/Owner of ‘4 Miles 2 Memphis
- Anna Davlantes, Media Personality
- Billy Dec, CEO and Founder of Rockit Ranch Productions
- Lisa Dent, Co-host of US99’s Lisa Dent & Ramblin’ Ray Morning Show
- Melissa Forman & Jeanne Sparrow, Co-Hosts of WCIU TV’s “You & Me This Morning”
- Fred, Co-Host of Fred & Angi in the Morning on KISS-FM
- Bill Hageman, Chicago Tribune Lifestyle Reporter
- Jordan, Host of The Weekly Show with Jordan on KISS-FM
- Candace Jordan, Chicago Now blogger, host of “Candid Candace Chicago” on Watch312.com and Chicago Tribune social columnist
- Len Kasper, Chicago Cubs Announcer on WGN-TV
- Linda Kollmeyer, Host of the Illinois Lottery Drawing on WGN-TV
- Sean Lewis, Anchor of WGN’s Weekend Morning News
- Corri McFadden, Owner and Founder of eDrop-Off Luxury Consignment
- Susanna Negovan, Editor and Publisher of the Sun-Times’ SPLASH Magazine
- Tom Negovan, Co-Anchor of WGN News at Noon
- Brady Schabowski, 103.5 KISS-FM Night Host/Music Director
- Pat Tomasulo, Sports Anchor and Reporter, WGN Morning News
- Alison Victoria, Host of DIY Network’s Kitchen Crashers
Their mission was to help PAWS Chicago bring special attention to the problems associated with pet homelessness in the community and throughout the United States. They wanted to stress the need for both foster families for these pets while awaiting adoption as well as why it is important to adopt and not shop. The nearly 200 pets in the care of PAWS Chicago truly do deserve a second chance at life and the celebrities along with associates of PAWS Chicago did their best to display this fact. Hope you were able to attend!