Fans of the Ford Mustang can celebrate the iconic machine’s 50th birthday this year at one of the celebration events scheduled for mid-April. The Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration will take place April 16th through 20th at Charlotte Motor Speedway in North Carolina and Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Nevada. The Celebration is a joint offering by Ford Motor Company and the Mustang Club of America.
The tentative schedule for both venues follows:
· Wednesday, April 16th – The first official day of the Celebration will feature vendors and exhibits as pony drives and members arrive at both locations.
· Thursday, April 17th – With April 17th, 1964 acknowledged as the official birthday of Ford Mustang, Mustang Club of America will conduct opening ceremonies followed by a host of activities. Fans will enjoy a birthday celebration complete with cake and everyone singing “Happy Birthday.” Track time, Ford ride-and-drives, hot laps and other interactive activities are planned. Car displays, vendors and special exhibits will all be there to celebrate Mustang’s 50th.
· Friday and Saturday, April 18th and 19th – Both days will feature road racing, drag racing and other interactive driving events, car displays, vendors and special exhibits. Friday night will feature a themed dinner with entertainment, while Saturday night will feature a banquet with guest speakers.
· Sunday, April 20th – Easter Sunrise Services will be offered at both tracks, as will parade laps and other memorable activities and photo opportunities. MCA will have closing ceremonies in the afternoon.
There will also be a Pony Drive to Norman, Oklahoma, then from Norman to either Charlotte or Las Vegas – find out more about the Pony Drive here.
Find out more information about the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration at www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org