May is national pet month and Purina is helping you celebrate your pet by providing coupons for Purina products. This month take time to enjoy your pet and show them how much they mean to you. You may also consider adopting a pet from a local shelter and giving them a chance to celebrate life with you and your family as well.
Pets provide us with companionship, a sense of security, laughter and friendship. They love us back unconditionally and wait patiently for a scratch on the belly, a pat on the head and a treat for good behavior.
For the ways they enlighten your life there are few things you can do to help enlighten theirs.
• Spend 10 minutes playing with your pet by throwing a ball, stick or other toy such as a stuffed animal that squeaks.
• Take your pet to a dog park if one is in the area. This helps to socialize them with other canines and lets them play in a safe fenced in environment.
• Tug of war is another great game your canine will love.
• Walking your pet is not only healthy for them (they do enjoy it), but it is beneficial to your health as well.
• Groom your pet. This helps to keep your pets skin healthy and can also help in discovering any medical concerns.
If you do not own a pet visit your local animal shelter and ask to spend some time with a pet or two. Most pet shelters have areas designated for play and this type of interaction with people is necessary to help the pet find a forever home.
Do not forget your trusting feline, they need attention as much as your canine friend. Provide them with a safe place to curl up at for a nap, give them catnip most all felines love this. Give your cat the plastic ring from the milk carton, they can play with this for several days and not be bored with it. Your cat enjoys treats as much as a dog, so make sure you reward your feline every so often.
A good pet owner provides the emotional and physical needs of their pet and by doing so their pet will live a long healthy life bringing joy to your home.
Local Shelters in Flint and surrounding areas;
Humane Society of Genesee County located on Dort Hwy. in Burton, MI.(810)744-0511
Genesee County Animal Control and Shelter on Pasadena Ave in Flint. (810)732-1660