Be Irish for the day and celebrate St. Patrick's day at a local Irish bar.
These authentic Irish watering holes are prepared for the occasion with anything from Irish drink specials to Irish music, dancers and food.
- St. Stephen's Green. While the green beer flows along with Irish Coffees, Baileys Coffees and delicious Irish food is served all day to include Corned Beef sandwiches, enjoy traditional Irish dancing and bagpipes beginning in the afternoon and at 5 p.m. enjoy live Celtic, Bluegrass and country music. The party continues with DJ music at 9 p.m. 223 Castro St., Mountain View. 650-964 9151.
- CB Hannegans will have a St. Patrick's Day Celebration event and tickets are available for $55 each - call to reserve yours soon! 208 Bachman Avenue, Los Gatos. 408-395-1233. http://www.cbhannegans.com/index.html.
- Scruffy Murphys Irish Pub & Restaurant will be serving a delicious plate of Corned Beef and Cabbage starting in the afternoon with music until late into the evening. Food service will begin at 11:30 a.m. and have all you can eat for $9. 187 S. Murphy Ave, Sunnyvale. 408-735-7394. http://murphyslawpub.com/events.html.
- Molly Magees is an authentic Irish pub to hang out at on this special occasion, offering a high-end happy hour and drink special menu. 241 Castro Street, Mountain View. 650-961-0108. http://www.mollysmtview.com/events-at-mollys.html.
- Fibbar Magees is another Irish pub to make a stop at on this festive day. 156 S. Murphy Avenue, Sunnyvale. 408-749-8373. http://www.fibbars.com/blog/upcoming-events.
- Lilly Mac's Restaurant & Pub will feature drink specials and Irish music to enjoy. 187 South Murphy Avenue, Sunnyvale. 408-732-0200. http://www.lillymacs.com.
- Katie Bloom's Irish Pub Restaurant has been counting down to this day and is now ready to serve your St. Patrick's Day food and drink selections. 369 E. Campbell Avenue, Campbell. 408-379-9687. http://katiebloomscampbell.com.
- Rosie McCann's Restaurant began its celebrations on the 15th and continues to today serving up green beer and live Irish bagpipe music while you savor the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage and other dishes along with the proper drinks. 355 Santana Row #1060, San Jose. 408-247-1706. http://rosiemccanns.com/santanarow.
- O'Flaherty's Irish Pub will feature Irish dancers, music and bagpipes throughout their St. Patty's party. 25 N. San Pedro Street, San Jose. 408-947-8007. http://oflahertyspub.com/specialevents.html.
Whichever one you decide to check out for St. Patrick's Day enjoyment - don't forget to wear green and drive safely.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!