St. Patrick’s Day is only a few days away and, falling on a Sunday, it’s a great day to make it a family day celebration. Here is a festive green treat you and your family will love. It’s a quick and delicious dessert that your kids can help you make, made with many items already in your pantry and with Mr. Green Tea’s all-natural ice cream
“St. Patty’s Push Pops” by Mr. Green Tea
Prep Time: About 45 minutes
- Mr. Green Tea Green Tea ice cream
- Brownie Mix
- Tub of Cool Whip or Fresh Whipped Cream
- Irish Crème Coffee Creamer (or Bailey’s Irish Cream for an adult twist!)
- Green Sprinkles
- Push Pops (Available at most craft stores)
1. Make brownies according to packaging and allow them to fully cool.
2. After brownies are cooled cut into squares sized for your push pops and place cut brownie pieces into a dish.
3. Poke brownie pieces with a fork to create small holes and pour ½ cup of Irish Crème Coffee Creamer over the brownies.
4. Place brownies in fridge for 10 minutes to allow them to absorb liquid.
5. Place a layer of brownie in the bottom of push pop, top with a 2 ounce scoop of Mr. Green Tea’s Green Tea ice cream, add cool whip or whipped cream to the top and finish off with green sprinkles.
6. Place push pops in freezer until served.
*You can replace the push pops and layer this dessert in a “sundae glass” if necessary**
For the adults’ pleasure, take it up a notch and add some Bailey’s Irish Cream.
For an adult party or another adult dessert, try this spicy kicked-up-a-notch St. Patrick’s Day treat.
Jameson’s Hard Ginger Ice Cream
Prep Time: About 1 hour
- Mr. Green Tea Ginger ice cream
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
1. Take the Jameson Irish Whiskey and place it in the freezer until chilled (about 1 hour)
2. Place 1-2 scoops of Mr. Green Tea’s Ginger ice cream into a classic whiskey glass.
3. Using a spoon make an indentation on the top scoop of the Ginger ice cream
4. Remove chilled Irish Whiskey from the freezer and pour a small “floater” (about 1 ounce) of whiskey into the indentation created from your spoon and serve immediately. Enjoy this adult dessert responsibly.
Raise your glass with a St. Patrick’s Day toast, ” May your fire be as warm as the weather is cold.”
“St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.” Adrienne Cook
Enjoy this article? For up-to-the-date food news, recipes and an inside look at great restaurants and events, please enter your e-mail address above to receive e-mail alerts and be sure to visit me visit Shore Region Restaurant Examiner and TastefulLiving.net