On Saturday, September 28th, Smithsonian Magazine presents Museum Day Live!, celebrating museums across the country with free admission.
All you need to do to gain free admission for two at the following museums in the Buffalo-Niagara region and nearby is print the ticket from the Smithsonian website, available here.
Among the area museums participating are:
· Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village (formerly the Amherst Museum), 3755 Tonawanda Creek Rd. in Amherst
· Burchfield-Penney Art Center, 1300 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo (Buff State campus)
· Erie Canal Discovery Center and the Penney Gallery, 24 Church St. in Lockport
· Genesee Country Village and Museum, 1410 Flint Hill Rd. in Mumford
· Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum, 180 Thompson St. in North Tonawanda
· Medina Railroad Museum, 530 West Ave. in Medina
· Niagara Science Museum, 3625 Highland Ave. in Niagara Falls
· North Tonawanda History Museum (The Lumber City History Center), 54 Webster St. in North Tonawanda
· Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History, 311 Curtis St. in Jamestown
· The Col. Wm. Bond-Jesse Hawley House, 143 Ontario St. in Lockport
· The Fenton History Center Museum and Research Center, 67 Washington St. in Jamestown
· The History Center (Niagara County Historical Society), 215 Niagara St. in Lockport
Find the complete list of New York State museums and museums around the country at the Smithsonian Museum Day website.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com