Just in time for Halloween and the here-sooner-than-you-think, Thanksgiving, Bouchon Bakery is celebrating the pumpkin this season with an offering of pastries. According to a company spokesperson, “all seven Bouchon Bakery locations in Napa Valley, Beverly Hills, Las Vegas and New York will be offering a Decorated Pumpkin Muffin, Pumpkin Shortbread, Pumpkin Spice Macarons, and of course, Pumpkin Pie.” All hail the humble Cucurbita!
“Following our classic recipes from the Bouchon Bakery cookbook, we have added a seasonal twist to our offerings this fall,” said Sebastien Rouxel, Executive Pastry Chef, Thomas Keller Restaurant Group. “The pumpkin, as an ingredient, is versatile and pairs well with many flavor profiles, but its shape and hue are also inspiring.” Here’s the details:
- Decorated Pumpkin Muffin follows the recipe from the Bouchon Bakery cookbook, which has a cream cheese frosting center and is dressed in orange fondant, shaped in the likeness of a pumpkin ($7.95)
- Pumpkin Shortbread is made using Chef Rouxel’s traditional shortbread recipe shaped in a pumpkin silhouette and topped with orange sugar ($4.00)
- Pumpkin Spice Macarons, a playful twist on the classic French cookie, flavored with rich nutmeg and cinnamon, and filled with a pumpkin cream cheese frosting ($3.50)
- Pumpkin Pie, also available in a mini version, is a traditional pumpkin pie with pumpkin seed nougatine is traditional ($28.00 each; or two for $50.00)
- For those of you who would rather have chewy caramel, marshmallows and toasted whole almonds dipped in dark chocolate ($5.75), Bouchon is also offering their Rocky Road Turtles for Halloween
Bouchon Bakery is located at 6528 Washington Street in Yountville California. For more information you can call 707-944-2253, or visit their website by clicking here.