While some parents are deciding where to go to celebrate New Year's Eve after the kiddos are in bed, some parents are wondering what they can do to celebrate the holiday family style. There are some places you can go!
- Conner Prairie - Holiday on the Prairie is boasting 35 gingerbread houses in the Gingerbread Village. Besides gingerbread houses, there are many other activities to keep your kids entertained! Exhibit lasts until January 3rd.
- The Children's Museum of Indianapolis - Countdown to the "Noon Year" with other kids! TCM creates a party atmosphere with dancing, face painting, and of course the big countdown for kids of all ages. Dec 31st 11am - noon. Don't forget that Jolly Days are still going on - lots of fun for the kids!
- The Indiana State Museum - Family New Year's Eve on Dec 31st from 6pm - 9pm. Enjoy a band, the Santa Claus Express, balloon drop, and many other children's activities to celebrate New Year's! For reservations, call 317.232.1637.
- Enjoy the Circle of Lights downtown with a carriage ride from Yellow Rose Carriages. The ride begins at the Hyatt and tours downtown. What a great way to end the year!
- Royal Pin - Woodland Bowling's New Year's Eve Family bowling parties can be booked from 5 - 8 pm or 9:30 - 12:30am on December 31st. $80 includes 3 hours of bowling, shoe rentals, party favors, food, drinks, raffles and prizes. Call 317.844.4099 to reserve your lane! Click here for other Royal Pin locations and specials.
There are plenty of things to do around the Indy area to celebrate that coming of the New Year. Call your favorite places to see if they are having New Year's Eve festivities. If going out to celebrate is not what your family wants to do, celebrate at home with great crafts and recipes from Family Fun. Whatever you do, I hope you find a fun way to celebrate the beginning of 2010!