Nao will be celebrating New Year’s Eve with an evening that will consist of a special menu to celebrate the occasion. This six-course tasting menu will feature dishes like Crispy Oyster Causa and will include beverage pairings. Doors will open at 6:30p.m. and seating will be at 7p.m.
The complete menu is as follows:
- Crispy Oyster Causa - Peruvian potato causa, huancaina sauce with Sparkling Rosé of Malbec, Reginalto, Mendoza, Argentina (NV)
- Caribbean Lobster Pot - rich lobster bisque, conch fritter, plantain gnocchis, cilantro pesto
- Roasted Diver Scallop & Chorizo - ricotta and cilantro agnolotti, tomato-chorizo concasse with Pedro Ximenez Blanco, Falernia, Egui Valley, Chile 2012
- Seared Sweetbreads - smoked & braised lentils, organic honey glaze gingerbread and Serrano ham
- Dry Aged Rib Eye - heart of palm escabeche, yuca puffs, guasacaca avocado sauce with Tannat, Puelbo del Sol “Reserva,” Juanico, Uruguay 2012
- Poached Xoconostle Cactus and Pear - malbec rose wine, vanilla bean, sweet basil and lavender panna cotta with Muscat, Tabali, Reserva Late Harvest, Limari Valley, Chile 2010
Nao is a student staffed restaurant at The Culinary Institute of America located at the grounds of the Pearl Brewery. The goal of this fine restaurant is to celebrate Latin food, traditions and culture. Nao’s menu is made up of traditional Latin American dishes with a modern twist.
What: New Year’s Eve Dinner
Where: NAO at Pearl Brewery
312 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215
When: December 31, 2013
Price: $85 per person. Pre-paid reservations can be made by calling 210-554-6484.
Source: Danielle Kaplan/Giant Noise