Did you know that vodka has its very own day? Yep, National Vodka Day has been celebrated since 2009, and this year October 4 just happens to fall on a Friday! There is even a toast folks can join and Facebook seems to have the inside track.
While you are waiting for the toast to commence, why not indulge in a wicked combination of strawberries, chocolate, and of course, vodka. This decadent combination is created by soaking strawberries in vodka and then drenching them in chocolate. And while you are at it, why not add vanilla vodka to the chocolate just to be sure this scrumptious offering is fully packed.
Ingredients list for soaked strawberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 3 cups vodka of choice
- Clean berries and cut off steams
- Place berries in bowl and cover with vodka
- Cover tightly and place in refrigerator
- Soak for at least 3 hours or overnight
Ingredients list for chocolate sauce
- 12 ounces very good chocolate of choice (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla vodka
- Place chopped chocolate into a bowl
- Heat cream until almost boiling
- Add vanilla vodka
- Stir well
- Immediately pour over chocolate and stir until smooth
When ready to serve, remove berries from vodka and drizzle with chocolate. Save the now strawberry flavored vodka for the toast! Enjoy this year’s celebration and as always drink and celebrate responsibly.
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to this page for more great recipes and food ideas!