There are five books in the Fudge series. Fudge is the little brother of fourth grader Peter Hatcher, who we meet in the first book, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. Shelia Tubman, Peter’s worst enemy, is introduced in the second book,Otherwise Known as Shelia the Great.
In Superfudge, Fudge starts kindergarten at Peter’s school and another baby is on the way in the Hatcher home. Fudge-a-Mania takes place in the summer when Peter’s family spends three weeks in a house right next door to Shelia’s family. Inspired by her grandson, Blume wrote Double Fudge, where the family meets up with long-lost cousins, one of whom is named Farley Drexel Hatcher, which is Fudge’s real name.
Judy Blume has also written many books for the middle grades group:
- Iggie’s House
- Staring Sally J. Freedman As Herself
- It’s Not the End of the World
- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret
- Then Again, Maybe I Won’t
- Just As Long As We’re Together
- Here’s To You, Rachel Robinson
And for young adults:
- Tiger Eyes
- Places I Never Meant To Be
- Letters To Judy
Visit a local bookstore to meet Fudge and the whole gang!