The Boston Local Food Festival, set for Sunday, Oct. 6 this year, brings together farmers and local foods to create New England's largest farmers' market on the Rose Kennedy Greenway with restaurants, food trucks, specialty food producers, fishermen, and groups promoting fitness and healthy fare. It's a celebration of Fall, local foods, family fun and more.
Enjoy a host of activities including:
• Seafood Throwdown, hosted by the Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance, between top chefs from Boston Medical Center and Boston Children’s Hospital
• Family Fun Zone featuring Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness Trivia Wheel, Sproot Cooking for Kids with Kids with muffin tastings, South Boston Grows Youth Chef Demo, New England Aquarium Tide Pool and more!
• DIY with local folks sharing skills including pickling, fermentation, and wheat grass juicing
• Crop Share – bring your extra garden or CSA produce to share with those in need!
• Northeast Flavor Chef Demo Stage with top local Chefs, including Todd Heberlein of Volante Farms and P.K. Newby, a scientist, educator and food writer.
• Boston Clam Chowda Cook-off with Matt Basile, Chef host of the Travel and Escape Network’s show Rebel Without A Kitchen vs. Matthew Ciara Executive Chef of Shuck'n Truck
Put on by Sustainable Business Network, a local non-profit that encourages purchasing local, the event educates festival goers about sustainably grown and produced food. All participating chefs use locally sourced ingredients and the dishes are sold for $6 or less. Visit www.bostonlocalfoodfestival.org.