Pack a lunch and bring it with you to enjoy a picnic in the park. After lunch, take some time to enjoy the hands-on activities, games and demonstrations, all which will focus on ways to protect the Earth.
- Interact with representatives from a variety of local agencies, organizations, and groups focused on conservation and the environment at the ECOFAIR.
- Shop at the Earth Day Marketplace which features earth-friendly products.
- Complete an Earth Day coloring page and enjoy various activities
- Be creative and make a “What does Earth Day mean to Me?” craft. Artwork collected will be pieced together as a collage and displayed in the Nature Center.
- Explore the park on a Trail Cart ride
- Win a Rain Barrel. Guests help paint a rain barrel using the pointillism technique. The winner of a free drawing gets to take the rain barrel home.
- Learn about native wildlife during programs and in the Wildlife Yard
- Get an up-close look at farming with live animals and displays from Farmpark.
- Enjoy live, family-friendly musical entertainment.
- Haircut-a-thon – Ladies & Gentlemen Salon & Spa will be on site to give $10 haircuts, first-come, first-served. The money raised will benefit Penitentiary Glen Nature Center.
- The new WINT 1330 AM will be on site for your entertainment.
- Train rides –Ride the miniature trains between 1 and 3 pm, weather permitting, provided by the Lake Shore Live Steamers.
Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located at 8668 Kirtland-Chardon Road in Kirtland. For more info, call 440.256.1404 or visit lakemetroparks.com