Nate Bova, celebrity hair stylist with Aviva Hair Revitalizer emphasizes that if you want gorgeous hair, you have to start with what's inside before you worry about product to enhance it. She has given us insider's expert nutritional advice for shiny locks:
When it comes to healthy tresses, its all about what you’re putting into your body. Good nutrition is the key to getting your lackluster locks in shape. Just like every other part of your body, the cells and processes that support strong, vibrant hair depend on a balanced diet.
The pursuit of luscious, shiny, healthy locks starts with putting a little extra emphasis on things like a combination of B vitamins, proteins, amino acids, and complex carbohydrates, the key to giving your hair a boost.
A healthy diet is as good for the 150,000 hair follicles on your head as it is for your body. Strong, healthy hair begins in the tiny follicles beneath your scalp where the nutritional needs are immense. To properly condition your hair you must get to the source. Since your hair grows faster than virtually everything in your body but is last in line to receive vital nutrients that you take in, any sign of a nutrient deficiency can show up quickly on your hair. Adding a supplement to a well-balanced diet like Aviva Hair Revitalizer, which contains biotin, zinc, iron, selenium and chromium can get your hair growing and glowing.
To stimulate healthy hair growth AVIVA is your all-natural go-to. Containing all of the essential ingredients to nourish the hair follicle and promote new hair growth with a dual complex of Pentaplex HGF and Tetra HHL. Each and every ingredient is hand-selected, tested and triple-certified by Aviva’s research team!
Here is my (Bova's) beauty regimen for hair health:
“Every morning I make my healthy hair and skin smoothie and take my Aviva with it. Here is my secret hair and skin smoothie recipe.
1. A handful of spinach or kale: provides iron, which is essential for hair growth.
2. Strawberries: strawberries contain high amounts of vitamin C. Which boosts collagen production, collagen surrounds the hair strands maintaining strength and shine.
3. Flax seeds and Avocado: These fatty acid rich foods will promote strength and shine, a fantastic and fish-free source of omega-3 fatty acids and phytonutrients. Omega-3 nourishes the hair follicles, making hair strong and healthy from the outset. It also increases the hair elasticity – which means less breakage. Try one to two tablespoons of ground organic flax seeds.
4. Almond milk: Rich in vitamin E, almonds and almond milk can make your hair grow faster and thicker due to their high biotin content. They also stimulate the growth of capillaries, which increase circulation and thereby blood flow to the follicles, helping to grow your gorgeous mane and keep your hair and skin glowing. Additionally vitamin E will protect your hair and skin from the summer elements.
5. Add a little honey for a healthy sweetness. Blend and Enjoy!