CBS2's Johnny Mountain retires after 32 years in Los Angeles

examiner41510h.jpg

Johnny Mountain

Johnny Mountain has provided weather forecasts for the weekday editions of CBS 2 News at 5, 6 and 11 p.m. since May 2005. Prior to that, he spent 27 years with KABC-TV.

Mountain commented to CBS: "I have been blessed to have had such a long and wonderful run on Los Angeles television and I feel fortunate to have been part of a team that includes many dear friends both in front of and behind the cameras. The past five years at CBS have been a great experience for me and I thank everyone there for their friendship and support."

Steve Mauldin, President & General Manager, CBS 2 and KCAL 9, added: "I have had the pleasure of knowing Johnny Mountain for nearly 30 years, going back to our time together at KABC, and have always admired him for being a class act, a gifted broadcaster and one of the funniest and most charismatic people in our business. On behalf of his family here at CBS, we look forward to continuing our friendship and wish Johnny all the best."

Mauldin added that CBS 2 and KCAL 9 weathercasters Jackie Johnson and Josh Rubenstein will share responsibility for providing CBS 2's weeknight weather reports until Mountain's successor is named.

Add us on Facebook for these reports

Comments

• Kalina 4 years ago

I had no idea Johnny Mountain retired, I've missed him so much at 6:00. The weather report is not the same without Johnny and his FANTASTIC HUMOR. GOD BLESS YOU Johnny you're truly missed.

• Mary 4 years ago

My husband and I thought maybe Johnny was on vacation or ill. We were patiently waiting for his return. I finally decided to go the CBS website to see if I could find out when he would be returning, only to find out Johnny retired. How did I miss the hoopla? We will miss him and his wonderful infectious smile. Good luck CBS trying to fill those shoes:(

• Joan in Sylmar 4 years ago

His exit was much too quite. Johnny Mountian is a very Special Weatherman and will be missed by all of his fans...........

• Jane in West Hills 4 years ago

How could you let Johnny Mountian leave the network without at least a formal goodbye I have waited and waited for him to come back and now I find out hes retired. Johnny hope you have a great retirement You really dont seem old enough to retire. Love you for all these years. My husband looks like you........so people say

• Ron 4 years ago

Like so many others, I liked Johnny's weather. As a matter of fact, it's what made me switch to Channel 2 News. For him to retire without the proper acknowlegment is a not right. Shame on you, CBS 2!

I can't beleive CBS lets employees like Johny Mountain and Ann Martin go without any good byes. shame on you CBS.

• Sir Roderick Becton 4 years ago

I think within the last month the solidarity of CBS channel 2 has grown with the decision to add Sibila Vargas to the News team. I have had the pleasure of working closely with CNN while Sibila was with there News team with a great repoure'. I look forward to the future with CBS!
    Sincerely,