Today TVShowAuditions.info is reporting that Mark Harmon's production company Wings Productions, Inc. has been given the green light for a pilot for a possible new CBS spinoff television show "NCIS: New Orleans". This coming spring "NCIS" will air a two-part sweeps episode that will also double as a pilot episode for this new exciting series. Primetime Emmy Award winning casting director Susan Bluestein and Jason Kennedy will continue their roles as casting directors on the pilot, and they have now sent out casting calls for series regulars. Shooting begins on February 11, 2014 and will take place in Los Angeles and New Orleans.
Four-time Golden Globe Award nominee Mark Harmon will be executive producing "NCIS: New Orleans" under the banner of his production company Wings Productions. Harmon stated that he wasn't crazy about the idea of "NCIS: Los Angeles" four years ago, however he is excited about this new spinoff. Asked what made the difference this time Harmon replied, "Gary Glasberg. That's my answer!" Glasberg has served as executive producer and showrunner on NCIS since the show began production in 2003. NCIS has seen it's ratings steadily increase from over 11 million viewers the first season, to over 21 million viewers for the 10th season. Since 2009, NCIS has been the most watched scripted show on American television. In 2011, NCIS was voted America’s favorite television show.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and registration information for extras can be found on the following casting post:
All talent, including minors and foreign actors, must and be legally eligible to work in New Orleans, Louisiana and in the United States.
The Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Louisiana and the United States:
• Louisiana Child Performer Law Information Sheet
• Louisiana Child Performer Trust Act Sheet
• Louisiana Minor Trust Deduction Guidelines
• Louisiana Minor Intention To Employ Form
• Louisiana Employment of Minors Informational Booklet
• Louisiana Film, TV, and Commercials Minor Labor Law Summary
In addition to the following Actors Resources:
• New Orleans Casting Directors List
• Baton Rouge Casting Directors List
• Shreveport Casting Directors List
• Louisiana Actors Unions and Resources
• General Talent Agent Information
• Louisiana Talent Agents List
• Louisiana Acting Classes and Schools List
• Summer Performing Arts Camps
• Headshot Photographers List
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Actors Resources
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permit Information
• USA Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• PDF Users Guides
The Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
To keep up-to-date on my articles, click the subscribe button on the link below, under the comments section. For additional entertainment industry news, visit LA Acting Auditions Examiner, follow me on Twitter, or "like" my Official Facebook Page!