With the Patriots awaiting the winner, the Broncos and Chargers collide at 4:40 p.m. EST on CBS Sports, as TV start time schedule, live streaming online information and NFL odds are available courtesy of CBS and a Jan. 12, 2014 SBN report.
This AFC West clash will be broadcast nationally on CBS (CBS4-Miami) following the conclusion of the NFC Divisional showdown between the San Francisco 49ers and the Carolina Panthers on FOX.
TV coverage of the Broncos-Chargers game will be preceded by The NFL Today, hosted by James Brown and with analysis from (QBs) Dan Marino and Boomer Esiason, (Coach) Bill Cower and the always outspoken (TE) Shannon Sharpe.
The NFL Today gets underway at 4 p.m. EST (3 p.m. CST/3 p.m. MST/2 p.m. PST) and the boys will preview the elite quarterback matchup between Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers.
NFL Playoffs 2014 fans trying to watch this national TV game via the Internet are in luck, as CBS Sports will be hosting a free live stream feed from beginning to end. To watch this pivotal AFC Divisional matchup on a desktop, tablet, phone of other mobile devices simply click here.
For the Denver Broncos, this team will be trying to live up ton all the hype of being the top overall seed. After another MVP season, Manning hopes to get back to the Super Bowl, as his chances to capture that elusive second ring are quickly running out.
Denver Broncos Defense (NFL Ranks)
- Points: 24.9 (22nd)
- Total yards: 356.0 (19th)
- Pass yards: 254.4 (27th)
- Rush yards: 101.6 (8th)
Denver Broncos Offense (NFL Ranks)
- Points: 37.9 (1st)
- Total yards: 457.3 (1st)
- Pass yards: 340.2 (1st)
- Rush yards: 117.1 (15th)
For the San Diego Chargers, this team comes in with all the momentum needed to pull off what would be a monumental upset. After sneaking into the NFL playoffs on the final day of the regular season, Rivers & Co. hope to extend their improbable run to the AFC Championship Game.
San Diego Chargers Defense (NFL Ranks)
- Points: 21.8 (11th)
- Total yards: 366.5 (23rd)
- Pass yards: 258.7 (29th)
- Rush yards: 107.8 (12th)
San Diego Chargers Offense (NFL Ranks)
- Points: 24.8 (12th)
- Total yards: 393.3 (5th)
- Pass yards: 270.5 (4th)
- Rush yards: 122.8 (13th)
NFL Playoffs 2014: Broncos vs Chargers Betting Odds
- Denver spread: -8½ pts.
- Denver line: -320 ML
- San Diego spread: +8½ pts.
- San Diego line: +260 ML
- OVER/UNDER: 55½ pts.
Betting Analysis Before CBS Free Live Stream
- San Diego ATS: 54 percent
- Denver ATS: 46 percent
- OVER action: 68 percent
- UNDER action: 32 percent
NFL Trends to Consider Before TV Live Game Time
- Under is 4-0 in Chargers last 4 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Over is 5-0-1 in Chargers last 6 games after accumulating less than 150 yards passing in their previous game.
- Chargers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 4-0 in Broncos last 4 playoff games.
- Over is 9-1-1 in Broncos last 11 games after allowing less than 15 points in their previous game.
- Over is 8-1 in Broncos last 9 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Road team is 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
- Chargers are 6-1-4 ATS in their last 11 meetings in Denver.
- Underdog is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.