To stop a child's nose bleed, have them sit down with their head slightly tilted back, to prevent blood going into their throat. And apply slight pressure to the nose as the child tilts their head back. When your child has nose bleeds, tell them to blow their nose softly.
Parents have to stay calm when treating a child's nose bleed, this will make the child remain calm also.
The cause of nose bleeds in children:
- Has an allergy, or a cold.
- Fell or got hurt on a hard surface.
- Child picks or rubs nose.
- Over-active playful activities.
- Hot dry air in the room when sleep.
If your child has frequent nose bleeds, take them to their Pediatrician for treatment. Have your child to relax after a nose bleed episode. Also sit your child down in a calm environment after a nose bleed.