This Friday from 4-8 p.m., please join the Caucus of Working Educators at the End of Year celebration at Frankford Hall located at 1210 Frankford Avenue. Come to a relaxed event to mingle and continue to learn more about the caucus. It is a celebration after a long and difficult year that started with doors opening despite a budget cuts and layoffs. Small victories like Steele, Muniz-Marin, 41,00 signatures to dissolve the SRC, the SRC refusing to accept the budget, calls and visits being made to Harrisburg, and shutting down Corbett and Christie at the Union League are just a few of the reasons that Frankford Hall should be filled.
- Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America’s Public Schools, by Diane Ravitch
- The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education, by Diane Ravitch
- Up South: Civil Rights and Black Power in Philadelphia, by Matthew Countryman
- Raising Expectations (and Raising Hell): My Decade Fighting for the Labor Movement, by Jane Mcalevey and Bob Ostertag
- The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism, by Naomi Klein
- Strike for America: Chicago Teachers Against Austerity, by Micah Uetricht
- How to Jump-Start Your Union: Lessons from the Chicago Teachers, by Labor Notes
- A Chronicle of Echoes: Who’s Who in the Implosion of American Public Education, by Mercedes K. Schneider
- Class Action: An Activist Teacher’s Handbook, by Bhaskar Sunkara
And if you have not yet become a member of the Caucus for Working Educators please join here.