A cat that suffered serious burns and 'acute stress' when her twisted owner microwaved her in retaliation for scratching him has been re-homed.
When RSPCA inspectors found the black and white cat, named Nancy, she felt hot to the touch, her head was hanging low and she was breathing heavily.
She was rushed to the Stubbington Ark rescue centre, near Fareham, Hampshire, after being placed in the cooker for five seconds.
However, Nancy has now been nursed back to health by new owners Taff Jones, 64, and his wife Pam, 41, from Southsea.
The couple adopted Nancy after Mrs Jones said she wanted a cat for her 40th birthday.
Mrs Jones originally picked a three-legged cat because she wanted to give a home to a cat she thought had no other chance of adoption.
However, by the time her husband visited the Ark, the three-legged cat had been adopted - and he then spotted Nancy.
He said: 'I was looking a the cubicles and this little face was looking out at me. She adopted me, rather than the other way around.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542172/Pet-cat-suffered-burns-t...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook