Since summer has arrived, a lot of companies are relaxing the corporate dress code standards. As a woman, we are so enthusiastic to don a cute pair of sandals with our favorite fitted dark skinny jeans and a casual top. What about the men? How can they remain modern and cool, dressed-down, yet still work-appropriate?
In recent discussions with some male co-workers, it appears the Friday “dress down” dress code is a little more difficult for men, especially in the warmer climates. What’s a man to do? The ubiquitous “mandals” (read: man sandals) and sporty sneakers are totally out of the question, as well as those weekend cargos and loose-fitting tees.
So I did a little digging to see what was out there for our fellow male counterparts. I found some possible stylish pieces for the workplace:
- Polo Ralph Lauren Custom-Fit Adler Cricket Shirt
- Banana Republic Softwash Cotton Madras Plaid Shirt
- Banana Republic Linen/cotton shirt
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS Oxford Short Sleeve Shirt
- Men's Ermenegildo Zegna Five-Pocket Pants
- Gap Mens The Tailored Khaki (Straight Fit)
- Banana Republic New Straight Gavin Chino
- John Varvatos Star USA 'Tricot' Trim Fit Black Trousers
- Faconnable Flat Front Linen Pants
- Gucci Leather Driver Loafer
- Frank Wright Hill Tie-Front Moccasin Shoes
- Sebago Boots Tremont In Black At Akira
- Cole Haan Air Colton Casual Split Toe Oxfords
- Salvatore Ferragamo 'Tour' Penny Loafer
What are your favorite dressed-down options for the workplace? Do you prefer the well-tailored looks or more relaxed?