Today Open-Casting-Calls.info is reporting that Right of Way Films is currently in pre-production on the Paramount Pictures comedy feature film "Men, Women and Children" based on the novel by Chad Kultgen. An open casting call has been announced for Saturday October 19, 2013 seeking high school age actors to play lead roles in the film. Talent can email a headshot and resume in advance of the open casting call, however it is not required. The extras will be cast at a later date closer to the start of production. Shooting on the film begins in December, 2013 in Austin, TX.
"Men, Women and Children" focuses on the Truby family, who have high school students, and deals with the navigation of sexual awakenings in a digital age where the Internet has made pornography, blogs and social networking just a few clicks away. Starring is Golden Globe Award nominee Adam Sandler playing the role of Don Truby, and Golden Globe Award winner Jennifer Garner as Rachel Truby. Two-time Independent Spirit Awards nominee Rosemarie DeWitt has also joined the cast playing the role of Patricia Beltmeyer.
Four-time Academy Award nominee Jason Reitman is directing "Men, Women and Children" from an adapted screenplay that he wrote with Independent Spirit Awards winner Erin Cressida Wilson. Reitman has directed such hit films as "Juno," "Up in the Air," and "Labor Day". Reitman will also produce with Helen Estabrook under the banner of their production company Right of Way Films. Estabrook started with Reitman as an assistant and has grown to become his creative partner. They opened the company in 2009, and signed a development partnership with Indian Paintbrush, the financing and production company headed by billionaire Steven Rales.
Details about the open casting call and information about how talent can submit via email can be found on the following casting post:
Minors and foreign talent MUST be legally eligible to work in the state of Texas and in the United States.
The 2013 Austin Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Texas and the United States:
• Child Labor Laws in Texas
• Summary of the Texas Child Labor Law
• Texas Child Labor Law FAQ
• Texas Limitations on Employment of Child Actors
• Texas Application for Child Actor - Performer Authorization
• Texas Application Exceptions for Child Extras
• Texas Workforce Commission Teen Application for Certificate of Age
• Texas Child Labor Complaint Form
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permits and Visas
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following Austin Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Austin Casting Directors List
• Austin Extras Casting Directors List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Austin Talent Agents List
• Austin Acting Coaches, Classes, and Schools List
• Austin Headshot Photographers List
• Headshot Mass Printing Photo Labs
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Austin Resources
• PDF Users Guide
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.