Update 10-19-2013: People in New Orleans with upscale cars are needed for scenes shooting on Monday October 28, 2013. Details below.
Today Extra-Casting.com is reporting that Di Novi Pictures and Zigtag Films are ready to begin shooting the Warner Bros. Pictures comedy feature film "Focus", and the extras casting director has begun sending out casting calls for local New Orleans people who would like to work as fully paid general extras and possible featured background actors. LA Acting Auditions Examiner Alan Baltes is getting the word out. Filming will begin mid-September and run through November, 2013. Principal actor casting has been taking place in New York City, and continues for day player speaking roles. Additional filming will take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina after New Orleans shooting wraps.
"Focus" centers on Nicky Spurgeon, a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They get involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future. Two-time Academy Award nominee Will Smith plays the lead role of Nicky Spurgeon. Australian actress and two-time Logie Awards nominee Margot Robbie has been cast to play the novice con-girl that Smith gets involved with.
Writers Guild of America WGA Award nominees Glenn Ficarra and John Requa will direct "Focus" from an original screenplay that they wrote themselves. The two are very talented writing partners whose credits include "Cats & Dogs," "Bad Santa," "Bad News Bears," "I Love You Phillip Morris," and "Crazy, Stupid, Love." Ficarra and Requa will also produce under the banner of their production company Zaftig Films. Independent Spirit Awards winner Denise Di Novi will also produce for DiNovi Pictures. Warner Bros. will handle domestic distribution.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and casting call information for extras can be found on the following casting post (NEW details about people with upscale cars is also now posted)
All talent must and be legally eligible to work in the state of Louisiana and in the United States.
The 2013 Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Louisiana and the United States:
• Louisiana Child Performer Law Information Sheet
• Louisiana Child Performer Trust Act Sheet
• Louisiana Minor Trust Deduction Guidelines
• Louisiana Minor Intention To Employ Form
• Louisiana Employment of Minors Informational Booklet
• Louisiana Film, TV, and Commercials Minor Labor Law Summary
In addition to the following Actors Resources:
• New Orleans Casting Directors List
• Baton Rouge Casting Directors List
• Shreveport Casting Directors List
• Louisiana Actors Unions and Resources
• General Talent Agent Information
• Louisiana Talent Agents List
• Louisiana Acting Classes and Schools List
• Summer Performing Arts Camps
• Headshot Photographers List
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Actors Resources
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• USA Immigration Work Permit Information
• USA Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• PDF Users Guides
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.