A murderabilia site that specializes in selling memorabilia related to serial killers has stopped selling items once owned by Casey Anthony. Anthony was charged with first-degree murder for the June 2008 death of her two-year-old daughter Caylee; however, she was acquitted in July 2011. As the site deals with items and memorabilia from the likes of notorious serial killers such as Jeffrey Dahmer, Charles Manson and John Wayne Gacy, the addition of Casey Anthony’s belongings including purses and clothes seemed ill fitting to some. Owner of the site Serial Killers Ink., Eric Holler, decided to remove the items for sale.
Holler spoke with WESH news and stated he purchased Anthony’s items from Christina Werner when Anthony’s parents, George and Cindy Anthony, held a garage sale. He stated, “I'm catering to supply and demand.” According to the report, Holler had purchased at least a dozen items including seven pairs of pants and six of Anthony’s purses. While there may have been supply and demand, the controversy was enough to prompt Holler to remove the items from his site.
After Anthony’s acquittal, numerous groups gathered to boycott any organization or outlet that tried to profit from Anthony’s story. Petitions and boycotts were underway that monitored news outlets from buying or paying for an interview with Anthony.
Though it has been six years since Caylee Anthony disappeared and three years since Anthony’s acquittal, emotions continue to run high and the cry “Justice for Caylee” is shouted just as loud in 2014 as when news of Caylee’s disappearance and her mother’s failure to report her missing first made headline news.
You may see a video report about this story, including an interview with Eric Holler in the video player above.
Casey Anthony is currently in court proceedings stemming from two civil lawsuits. A hearing will be held on March 4, 2014, to see if Anthony will be compelled to answer questions in a deposition related to the Zenaida Gonzalez case. Anthony refused to answer many questions in a Jan. 2014 deposition and threatened to leave the proceedings. You may read that deposition as well as other news in the Casey Anthony case below.
Click here to read the Casey Anthony deposition
Follow the Casey Anthony Case on Facebook and on Twitter
Click here for Casey Anthony photos, videos and documents
. Click subscribe above to receive notice in your email when a new article has been published.
· Share your views on Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ movie (Video)
· Lifetime follows ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ with ‘Beyond the Headlines’ (Video)
· Live blogging, chat for Lifetime movie ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ with Rob Lowe (Video)
· Jose Baez said Caylee Anthony was first thought in the morning and last at night (Video)
· Is Casey Anthony the Lizzie Borden of the twenty-first century? (Video)
· Casey Anthony court appeal to be heard live, streaming online; Will she attend? (Video)
· Do you find similarities between the Casey Anthony case and Jodi Arias case? (Video)
· Will viewers tune in for ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Lifetime movie? (Video)
· Did television host Aphrodite Jones incite violence against Casey Anthony? (Video)
· Newspaper predicts Casey Anthony will be ‘big news’ in 2013 (Video)
· Why Jose Baez is not the villain in the Casey Anthony case (Video)
· Some say boycott Casey Anthony books, movies, media and news, do you agree? (Video)
· Possible sighting of Casey Anthony has many asking if she fears for her life (Video)
· Jeff Ashton explains meaning of ‘Imperfect Justice’ in Casey Anthony case, book (Video)
· George Anthony says ‘foolproof suffocation’ search clears him, gives statement (video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Do you think photo is real ‘Tot Mom’ sighting? (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Is this photo first sighting of ‘Tot Mom’? (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Lifetime movie told from Jeff Ashton’s perspective (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Photos of woman may be Casey in Palm Beach (Video)
· Photos: Warning! Graphic pictures of Caylee Anthony’s Remains (View With Caution)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Caylee’s remains still speak, four years later (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Casey on phone as ‘fool-proof suffocation' searched
· Casey Anthony latest news: Read Firefox searches described as missed smoking gun (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Jose Baez says ‘foolproof suffocation’ buried (Video)
· Casey Anthony Lifetime movie gets premiere date (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Judgment day, wacky lawsuit dismissed, illuminati (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Zenaida Gonzalez, sued for billions, civil trial (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Jose Baez, book deals, grandmother passed away (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Celebrity boxing, left Florida, civil trial updates
· Nancy Grace on Casey Anthony: Victim’s advocate or legal expert?
· Prosecuting Casey Anthony movie star Rob Lowe appears as Drew Peterson tonight
· Casey Anthony verdict outrage continues on social media networks one year later
· Casey Anthony may testify in Zenaida Gonzalez civil trial
· Report: Attorneys for Casey Anthony want murder trial excluded from civil case
· Casey Anthony must reveal financial information in Zenaida Gonzalez case
· Woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation, Zenaida Gonzalez, arrested in Florida
· Casey Anthony off probation, but legal woes far from over