Legoland Florida is always a place where kids can have fun, explore, and burn off some energy. On August 9 and 10, it will add even more ways for youngsters to burn off calories while they enjoy themselves. That's when Cartoon Network's Move It Movement Tour will return to the park for the second year.
This traveling event for kids between the ages of 6 and 14 and their parents will provide several sports-themed activities, including:
- NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop: kids can demonstrate their fitness level by testing their basketball skills and shoot against the clock for prizes.
- The PGA of America Driving Range: updated to reflect the new PGA Sports Academy and its goal of developing young social and competitive golfers, kids are invited to drive the ball for accuracy and distance with The PGA driving range. Top scores are posted on the PGA Sports Academy leaderboard.
- NFL PLAY 60: kids can practice a variety of football-themed activities, including running patterns and passing skills.
- Subway® Fresh Fit for Kids Football Sled Challenge: At the challenge, kids can learn the importance of piling the veggies on their favorite Subway sandwich, as they push a custom Subway football sled across the finish line.
- Let’s Move!/PALA+ booth: A station set aside specifically for registration materials, nutrition tips and further information promoting participation with Let’s Move! and the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
Kids can visit activity and learning stations while their parents pick up tip sheets and educational materials. This event is presented in partnership with the President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition, and it supports First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative. Legoland Florida marks the end of a 19 market tour for the event, which is included with regular park admission.