If it just so happens you’ll be on board a Carnival cruise on Valentine’s Day, or if you’re simply an incurable romantic, the cruise line has a few good ideas to keep the mojo motivated. While Carnival created these top 10 romantic things to do during a cruise vacation list, it can actually be applied while sailing on any ship, too. But they are offering an exclusive gift card program, too, so you can order special presents for your sweetheart in advance. The cards are available online at www.carnivalgiftcards.com or aboard all Carnival ships..
Okay amorous seafarers, here’s the list:
- Take a midnight stroll on deck: Nothing conveys romance like walking hand-in-hand with your sweetheart under a twinkling blanket of stars.
- Say “I Do” or celebrate “I Did”: Carnival hosts some 2,600 weddings per year, so imagine the attention to detail of a shipboard or destination wedding. If you just got married, come aboard to celebrate your new life together, and let your friends and family pay for the honeymoon on Carnival’s honeymoon registry.
- Indulge in complimentary breakfast in bed: There’s no need to wake up early when you can enjoy a lazy morning with coffee and croissants delivered to your door.
- Chill out at the Serenity adults-only retreat area: Take some much-needed couples time at our tranquil “getaway within a getaway” for guests 21 and older. Quietly lounge under an oversized umbrella or take a dip in one of the whirlpools.
- Reserve a table for two at the steakhouse: For a nominal charge, dine in Carnival’s elegant on-board steakhouse, our most sophisticated setting, with menus that feature a tantalizing selection of steaks, seafood, gourmet appetizers and an extensive wine list.
- Dance the night away: Whether you prefer pulsating music in the dance club, happy-go-lucky tunes by the pool or the smooth sounds of jazz, move in rhythm together on one of the many dance floors on board.
- Serenade your sweetheart: Take the mic and make her swoon with a karaoke rendition of “Just the Way you Are” by Billy Joel or take the stage together and duet to “I Got You Babe.”
- Book a couples massage at the spa-aaahhh: Lay back, close your eyes and feel the stress sail away as you take time to be pampered together at the ship’s full-service spa.
- Snuggle at a Carnival Dive-In Movie: Unwind under the stars in front of an oversized movie screen and enjoy a variety of feature films, cuddle under a blanket and snack on complimentary popcorn.
- Send custom-designed flower arrangements and chocolates: It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day for you to send your sweetheart a beautiful bouquet or sweet treat from Cherry on Top, our candy-and-more store.
Besides love in the sea air, Carnival’s young and lively 24 “Fun Ships” feature lots of diversions and experiences to enjoy while cruising the world on three to 18 day itineraries around Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, South America, Europe and other exciting itineraries.
If you’re not already booked to sail, contact a travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com. Carnival can also be found on: Twitter: www.twitter.com/carnivalcruise; Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/carnival’ and Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/carnivalcruiselines/.