The Carlisle Family YMCA is holding another Community Day on Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 8 a.m. -1 p.m. Families who are not members and would like to see what the Y can offer them are invited to come for a morning of activities, food, and fun.
This Y boasts an adult fitness center, a youth fitness center for kids between the ages of 7-12, a youth lobby, many different exercise class offerings, as well as a 25 yard indoor pool that is available for lap and recreational swimming. Pool toys and noodles are free for kids to use (and a big hit with children of all ages!) Parents with children between the ages of 6 weeks up to 8 years old will be happy to know that there is babysitting available at different times to allow them to attend classes.
For additional relaxation there are also a massage therapist and a Reiki master who are both available for appointments (these have a price in addition to regular membership).Your Harrisburg Frugal Family Examiner can attest to the great skill of the massage therapist – after only a 15 minute massage I was completely relaxed.
Community Day will offer free classes to try out. The schedule is as follows:
- 8-8:55 a.m. in the Prescott Room will be R.I.P.P.E.D. with Tim
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. in the indoor pool will be Aqua Mix
- 9-10 a.m. in the Prescott Room will be Zumba™ with Jeanette
- 9-10 a.m. in the AMP Room is Road Trip with Michele (spin bikes are first come first serve, come early if you want to participate)
- 10:05-10:35 a.m. in the Prescott Room will be CXWORX™ with Terrance
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. in the Prescott Room will be Sports Yoga with Jim
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. in the indoor pool will be Aqua Zumba™ with Claudine
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new Harrisburg Frugal Family articles are available. Just click on the “Subscribe” button above. Follow your Harrisburg Frugal Family Examiner on Facebook , Pinterest, MySpace, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Twitter.