Sidetrack your cat’s longings with play. During estrus, many cats have excess energy, most of which they use to try to sneak outside. Standard little, play sessions will use up some of her energy and keep her mind off her in-built desires. Interactive wand-type toys are highly recommended as are motorized toys.
Confer with a veterinarian about prescription feline contraception. Cat birth control comes in injection form and pills. Both prevent your cat from having a heat cycle. Because long-term use has side effects such as increased risk of uterine infections and diabetes, your vet should help you decide whether this option is suitable.
Situate the cat in a cool, softly lit room for a few days to replicate autumnal conditions. Queens go out of cycle when the days are shorter and cooler. Spending time in comparable conditions may bring your feline out of heat. Continue administering affection and numerous play sessions to thwart boredom.
Procure the services of a teaser tom cat. A teaser tom is a male cat that has been sterilized by vasectomy. Such a cat preserves the physical ability to mate. Mating your female feline with a teaser tom will bring her out of heat with no peril of pregnancy. Contact a breeder to locate a teaser tom for rent.
1. Remember to tightly shut all doors and windows you're not watching so your cat doesn't escape and come back pregnant.
2. Also, do not have a cat in heat spayed since the risk of complications is higher during estrus.
3. Don’t offer catnip toys to a queen in heat because catnip increases a cat’s sexual arousal.
4. Teaser toms can be the basis false pregnancy. If your cat displays symptoms of pregnancy after mating, the symptoms should vanish within a few weeks.
5. It’s wise to get your cat spayed at six months, but sometimes they come into heat before this recommended time.